Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which is better?
(1) GoldenEye 75 70.75%
(8) Diamonds Are Forever 31 29.25%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 07:26 PM

Default Re: We win (AP Scandal v. 27)

Dan,

re. the UB/AP skin thing.

How recent was the rumor?
Old 10-19-2007, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I am pretty sure these "straight-to-the-media" anonymous statements from AP are a trial balloon, and they're trying to gage the responses on the forums in order to craft an official lie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly my thoughts as well. I think you guys should keep all info you have away from the ears of AP right now and work to build a more incriminating case against the co.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/com...amp;id=3752500

PUKE PUKE PUKE

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quote of Adam from P5's in the MSN Article :“I think that the reasons this got handled the way that it has, with a happy ending, is because the overwhelming majority of people in the industry … want things to be run in a fair and honest way,”

WTF?? Happy ending? Is he serious?

[/ QUOTE ]

This has been bothering me as well.

Adam lives in Costa Rica, visits the AP headquarters, meets the parties involved, AP posts a bunch of lies, and he then calls it a "happy ending"?

I'm just saying....

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, b/c adam was bought obv

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously not, but WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, imply one thing, take it back the next post. cool. if someone disagrees with you or has a quote taken out of context, then they're obviously bought
Old 10-19-2007, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, I am pretty sure these "straight-to-the-media" anonymous statements from AP are a trial balloon, and they're trying to gage the responses on the forums in order to craft an official lie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha! They're playing with real poker players like Adanthar, who's keeping his cards close to his vest. Time for Ap to fold 'em.

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay, seriously, can we have a moratorium on terrible poker metaphors

[/ QUOTE ]

Nath- the UIEGA of metaphors.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:28 PM

Second N82 for GOD, errrr MOD.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:30 PM

Why are all of you guys saying Absolute has to come clean, yada yada yada? What is the goal? Is there any set of circumstances that would get you to play at Absolute ever again?

In my estimation anyone that ever deposits or keeps money on any website affiliated with the current owners and managers of Absolute Poker are asking to lose it.

These guys that own/run AP are all semi-fugitives from justice already. They cannot come to the US. They cannot get financing for a legitimate business from any bank. Many possess a dishonest character. Yet they all have accquired a taste for the sweet life over the last few years since they hit the jackpot with AP. Mansions, jets, toys and women can be very very expensive, even in CR. I would put the probability that they would take customer funds if their lifestyles were threatened at a very high number, say 100%.

Now maybe this scandal won't cause the run on the bank that threatens the solvency of AP. But that doesn't mean they will survive forever and the next scandal with these guys is probably a lot closer than we think. Given the way they have handled themselves do you really trust them to keep your money for you?

There are plenty of places to play poker. Write AP and UB off and play somewhere else, I say. In your spare time publicize this scandal to put the fear of God (and 2+2) into the other rooms so that they protect their golden goose(s) by running honest games with ubertight security.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have a question, where is the PPA in all this? Dont misunderstand me, the work that all involved have contributed has been exceptional. But whenever news organizations are interviewing people-they are individuals and for better or worse the PPA is really all we have. I understand they do not want to squander their resources in an investigation-but the bully pulpit is an effective tool. CP and Bluff also might devote more resources to investigating this if the only organization for card players at least came out with a statement.
Greg Raymer, I gotta ask, as a member of the PPA and a poster on 2+2, where are you? The pulpit is yours sir, start yelling.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have always found the PPA to be useless. Good in theory, horrible in practice.

Their silence during this huge monthlong-plus scandal is proof of this.

Lord only knows what all those membership fees were spent on.

[/ QUOTE ]

The PPA has had 2 major incidents to step up and has never done anything. Didn't the last fiasco involve a poker tour with Absolute as the major sponsor. And them basically trying to skim some off the top?
Old 10-19-2007, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have always found the PPA to be useless. Good in theory, horrible in practice.

Their silence during this huge monthlong-plus scandal is proof of this.

Lord only knows what all those membership fees were spent on.

[/ QUOTE ]

PPA's typical response to stuff like this "What would you have us do?" How about get involved guys? Show some leadership, or at least participation. I realize your primarily a lobbying organization at this point. But you guys really missed a golden opportunity here.

Could you imagine if the PPA had helped in some key facet of this whole process? They'd probably get 10x their yearly contribution in a few weeks. I know I would have donated until it hurt a little. Visionaries they are.

This scandal has pretty well shown who's looking out for the online poker player - no organization or poker pro in any kind of public position. At least we know where we stand.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Face it, almost all of the name players that could lend credibility to our 'cause' are cashing in on their fame by being connected to an online site. None of them can comment without approval of their masters.

[/ QUOTE ]
This will affect Hellmuth before long. He strikes me as (among other things) totally scrupulous.
Closed Thread