Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2004, 08:43 AM

Default why boobs?

So I have finally decided to get BA after a few years of contemplating it. I am 19 years old, but I am not going to get any bigger. I am EXTREMELY flat chested and have always been even after gaining weight. It's something I am constantly self conscious about and I finally decided to take action and I am very happy and excited about my decision.

My question though is this: Why is there so much emphasis on boobs in our society? Why are guys so infatuated and obsessed with them? Why do girls feel inadequate if they don't have any? I believe that is why BA exists in the first place.

I have never been able to get close to a boy and that is largely because of my lack of breasts. I know getting BA will not cure all of my self esteem issues, but I believe it will make me more comfortable in my own skin and that is why I am doing it. I don't think BA is for everyone, however. When I first went to see my plastic surgeon, there was a girl in there for a BA consultation also and she was easily a C-cup and wanted breast implants among other procedures to her face. To me, she looked beautiful the way she was. But in my case, it's different. I really NEED BA because I look more like a boy than a girl and it greatly effects the way I see myself as a female.

In some ways I wish boobs didn't mean anything in our society. Maybe then I wouldn't be going through with this surgery. But I am because I don't feel "feminine."
Old 06-19-2004, 08:55 AM

Default Re: why boobs?

I love boobs.

One of the main reasons I like my girlfriend's looks is that she's so disproportionate.

She's like 5'5", weighs 110 and has very solid D's.

Big boobs make outfits look great, exude sexiness, and are really fun to play with and suckle.

In short, they are the best thing EVAHHH.

I think you made a good decision and I think it will attract more attention for you.

Plus, they're all "real" on the outside... right!
Old 06-19-2004, 09:21 AM

if you want the scientific defination....

scientists believe that breast/hip/waist proportion is more asthetically pleasing to men because (and I can't remember the exact proportions - I think something like 3/2/3) it suggests to them an ideal candidate for breeding - from thousands of yrs of breeding, men have felt that the proportional bodyshape implies the healthiest female for bearing kids - and while Miss America's of the last 20 yrs have gotten progressively skinnier, that breast/hip/waist ratio never changed - it's one of those instinctive things in nature - survival of the fittest, etc,

a lot of nature comes down to that... female lions pick their mate based on the health of their mane - the more vibrant and full, the healthier he is, and more likely he's won all his fights - women tend to make the choice on financial considerations, because that implies being supported and a steady stream of food/income, etc coming in.

having said that....I hope you have read up and informed yourself of not only the benefits but risks from those things...

RB
Old 06-19-2004, 09:33 AM

then you will attract the kind of person wanting you for sex rather than your inward looks. stay natural and you wont regret it unless you want to be what you are not. accept yourself for what you are and you can be happy. the other way you wont.
Old 06-19-2004, 09:55 AM

Obsession with boobs does not mean obsession with big boobs.

As always mr. zee has great advice.
Old 06-19-2004, 10:24 AM

Well I might like you for your inner good looks but I might have made the intial effort to talk to you because of your great breasts.

You cant tell how beautifull someone is on the inside from just looking at them.

I am fantasticaly hansome and have a brilliant mind and a charming and sympathetic nature. I consider my looks to be the worm on the hook of my fantastic personality. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Seriously, if you improve your looks this will increase the probability of positive interaction with males of all types, all men must make judgements intialy based on appeareance as this is the only information available.

After this it is upto you to process the increased level of interaction you recieve so that you end up with someone whos appreciation of you will deepen as he gaines information about your inner good looks.

Cheers

Kernow.
Old 06-19-2004, 10:48 AM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"

Once again you've nailed it Mr Zee.
Old 06-19-2004, 11:22 AM

FC,
The reason that men "love big boobs" is not all of this breeding nonsense. It is the "otherness" of them.

Heterosexuals want what is different from their own gender. The thought of homosexuality is so ineffably repulsive to the heterosexual that, well, it's ineffable, as I said.

Breasts are so absolutely, fantastically different to anything we possess, that they become a sort of a moronic fascination.

That said, it is a disgusting culture that encourages its women to disfigure themselves to attain some imbecilic aesthetic that has absolutely no other value.

I would never date a woman with breast implants. To me, it says too much about the woman's self esteem. The idea of placing saline sacks into one's chest for the purpose of attracting the sort of person who would find that attractive just seems abject to me, and certainly belies a less than interesting perspective on the world.

But that's just me.

If your point is that you are a good and worthwhile person, and just need to get your foot in the door with guys so that they like you for who you really are, then maybe a padded bra isn't the worst idea in the world.

Granted, it still carries some of the same problems, but I wouldn't call it an egregious infraction, like MAJOR SURGERY.

But again, that's just me.

In our moronic culture of Brad and Jen, Madonna, and Demi Moore, who can be surprised?
Old 06-19-2004, 12:07 PM

First of all this is a really bad reason to get surgery.

Second, the thing girls don't understand is that guys just like boobs...little, big, round, small, huge...whatever we just like boobs so BA isn't necessary at all.

Third, EVERY guy likes nice natural breasts big or small but there is a large population of men that don't like fake ones at ALL. So if it's your intention to attract men this probably isn't the best way to go about it.

Just think it over...also unless you're super rich 5k is a nice chunk of change.
Old 06-19-2004, 12:11 PM

"Plus, they're all "real" on the outside... right! "

This is so incorrect. Fake is fake, real is real.