Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2007, 06:40 PM

Default Re: Birth Control besides condoms....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nuva ring i think. i think you jam it up there and it dissolves slowly. try ortho-evra (the patch)

[/ QUOTE ]

The Nuva ring doesn't dissolve, heh. You insert in the snatch right after your period or whatever, then you keep it in for three weeks or so, and your body slowly absorbs the hormones on it. Then you take it out and toss it. While it removes the worries and complications of taking lots of pills or patches etc. it's still hormone based, and the girl still might experience mood swings and all that crazy girl stuff, just as with the pill.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

I was always curious about this thing. Do you keep it in during sex? If yes, would the estrogen be absorbed by the penis in significant enough amounts to have a tangible effect on the male physiology?
Old 03-16-2007, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nuva ring i think. i think you jam it up there and it dissolves slowly. try ortho-evra (the patch)

[/ QUOTE ]

The Nuva ring doesn't dissolve, heh. You insert in the snatch right after your period or whatever, then you keep it in for three weeks or so, and your body slowly absorbs the hormones on it. Then you take it out and toss it. While it removes the worries and complications of taking lots of pills or patches etc. it's still hormone based, and the girl still might experience mood swings and all that crazy girl stuff, just as with the pill.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

I was always curious about this thing. Do you keep it in during sex? If yes, would the estrogen be absorbed by the penis in significant enough amounts to have a tangible effect on the male physiology?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you'd have to stay inside her for hours at a time, several times per day for it to have any effect like this. My wife uses it and I don't feel any crazier than normal.

Swede
Old 03-16-2007, 07:00 PM

ASS: the other vagina
Old 03-16-2007, 07:00 PM

My ex used the patch and said she liked it more than the pill. However, as others have mentioned, it is also hormone based so it might have the same side effects as the pill. I do not really know that much about the current lawsuits against it, but from what I heard it is more dangerous than other forms of contraception in terms of serious risks (blood clots, etc).

There is a procedure to reverse a vasectomy, but it is not 100% successful (however it is significantly more successful than the procedure to reverse tubal ligation, or "tube tying"). It is also possible for the vas deferens to reconnect after having been severed, but it rarely happens. It is also possible that after surgery one end of the vas deferens may still be open, resulting in an open ended vas deferens, or OEVD (sorry, couldn't resist :P). If this happens, sperm may still mix with semen and the procedure may fail. However, this is also very rare.

You will need to use another form of birth control after a vasectomy until you have a medical expert verify and confirm that your sperm count is zero, as there will still be some little guys left for a while after the procedure.

At any rate, vasectomy is pretty much only encouraged for people who are 100% sure they never want any (more) kids.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ASS: Nature's condom

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-16-2007, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Merina IUD

Placed in the uterus(vaginally) by the OB, 99.9% effective in preventing pregnancy. Minimal side effects, periods may eventually stop, lasts 5 years and can be removed at any time if she wants to get pregnant.

Here is the site. Would highly recommend.
http://www.mirena-us.com/howmirenaworks.html

[/ QUOTE ]

According to that site, Merina should only be used by women who've already had a child, although they don't explain why. That seems like a pretty significant drawback. Any idea why they say that?
Old 03-16-2007, 07:24 PM

My girlfriend was getting a shot every 3 months. Worked well but in the end decided she didn't like how it made her feel.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:29 PM

My wife tried the ring and hated it. She said it never stayed in. Every other time I would walk into the kitchen she would have her pants down with her hand up her cooter trying to put it back in. Very uncomfortable for her. But, other women love it. Just not compatible with my wife's anatomy.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My wife tried the ring and hated it. She said it never stayed in. Every other time I would walk into the kitchen she would have her pants down with her hand up her cooter trying to put it back in. Very uncomfortable for her. But, other women love it. Just not compatible with my wife's anatomy.

[/ QUOTE ]

cliff notes: skoob has a huge shlong and has stretched his wifes vag out.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

cliff notes: skoobs wife's tennis instructor has a huge shlong and has stretched his wifes vag out.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp