Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 02:31 PM

Default New books coming

As posted by Mason in the Intro to this month's 2+2 Magazine.

"As for books, in addition to the two Harrington on Cash Game volumes and the second book in the Professional No-Limit Hold 'em series which all should be released in the first few months of 2008, we are in discussions concerning another no-limit hold 'em book that would include much material on short-handed play, a no-limit book for heads-up play, and a pot-limit Omaha book. But notice I said "we are in discussions." Nothing here is guaranteed, but we are looking into it."

I know this isn't new info. But after waiting until 2006 for NLTAP and 2007 for PNL, having THREE 2+2 NL cash game books coming out in early 2008 will be heavenly!

I can't wait to read more from Mehta, Flynn and Miller, as PNL has helped my game tremendously.

Frankly, I don't know exactly how Harrington and Robertie are going to differentiate their cash game books from: 1) the style they recommend for early, deep stack tournament play in HOH 1 and the first part of HOH2, and 2) PNL's SPR and REM focus.

But, apparently Harrington and Robertie have 2 books worth of material on cash games they would like to share, and I look forward to reading "HOCG 1 and 2.

Finally, shorthanded NLHE, heads up NLHE and PLO are EXCELLENT areas for 2+2 to explore. I encourage 2+2 to focus its book publishing attention to these areas, particularly PLO.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:00 PM

Default Re: New books coming

Yeah, HU and PLO are the new holes in poker literature. Harrington's HU strategy just doesn't cut it for HUCASH and HUSNG's. There also needs to be a definitive work on PLO.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:06 PM

I think the past notion that that an Omaha book wouldn't generate any interest is slowly changing right now. I really think Omaha is becoming increasingly more popular by guys that have been playing No Limit hold'em for a few years now (since the TV boom) and are starting to get an interest in other games. Omaha seems to be the distinguised "second game" now primarily by these college aged kids.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:41 PM

Love Omoha because it gives more action in a cash game. And im one of those college aged kids.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:17 PM

Unfortunately, Mason has since posted that they decided to pass on the plo book.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:47 PM

Is the HU book officially out too because I thought I heard that as well?
Old 10-25-2007, 08:04 PM

As posted by Mason in the Intro to this month's 2+2 Magazine.

"As for books, in addition to the two Harrington on Cash Game volumes and the second book in the Professional No-Limit Hold 'em series which all should be released in the first few months of 2008, we are in discussions concerning another no-limit hold 'em book that would include much material on short-handed play, a no-limit book for heads-up play, and a pot-limit Omaha book. But notice I said "we are in discussions." Nothing here is guaranteed, but we are looking into it."

I know this isn't new info. But after waiting until 2006 for NLTAP and 2007 for PNL, having THREE 2+2 NL cash game books coming out in early 2008 will be heavenly!

I can't wait to read more from Mehta, Flynn and Miller, as PNL has helped my game tremendously.

Frankly, I don't know exactly how Harrington and Robertie are going to differentiate their cash game books from: 1) the style they recommend for early, deep stack tournament play in HOH 1 and the first part of HOH2, and 2) PNL's SPR and REM focus.
THESE WILL BE TWO POINTS IN A LONG LIST OF THINGS A PLAYER CONSIDERS WHEN PLAYING A HAND.
BASED ON A LITTLE INSIDER KNOWLEDGE I EXPECT THE BOOKS TO BE TERRIFIC.

But, apparently Harrington and Robertie have 2 books worth of material on cash games they would like to share, and I look forward to reading "HOCG 1 and 2.
THEY HOPE TO HAVE A DRAFT OF BOTH VOLUMES COMPLETED BY DEC 1. AND OUT VIA 2+2 AROUND FEBRUARY 1. I KNOW DATES SLIP, HOWEVER, I DON"T THINK THESE DATES WILL SLIP DRASTICALLY.

Finally, shorthanded NLHE, heads up NLHE and PLO are EXCELLENT areas for 2+2 to explore. I encourage 2+2 to focus its book publishing attention to these areas, particularly PLO.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:08 PM

yeah my book will be out about april
Old 10-25-2007, 08:52 PM

Speaking of HOH, I just picked up Vol. 1 and was wondering about something mentioned above. I play mostly online cash and am looking to play more tournaments. How much of HOH Vol. 1 can apply to cash as well? Or should I just apply everything I read in HOH to tourneys and wait for the cash game books to improve that aspect? Thanks!
Old 10-25-2007, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Speaking of HOH, I just picked up Vol. 1 and was wondering about something mentioned above. I play mostly online cash and am looking to play more tournaments. How much of HOH Vol. 1 can apply to cash as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

Virtually all of it applies in terms of the fundamentals like pot odds, position, etc. It's not the be-all end-all but it's a very good overview of TAG NLHE play.