Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Does smoking improve your play?
Holla 30 20.83%
Nawwwwww 39 27.08%
It aint matta if i be smoking the ganji or nawt, play da sizzame 26 18.06%
I don't know, thus, I don't even know what I answered this poll. 49 34.03%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-03-2007, 10:43 AM

Default Re: The Well: N 82 50 24 (10.03.07)

[ QUOTE ]
wtf does the N 82 50 24 mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

Already explained above. Read through again, Kramer [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2007, 11:21 AM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wtf does the N 82 50 24 mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

Already explained above. Read through again, Kramer [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, you gotta get to these wells quickly to stay on top of what's been asked already.

In that case...

What was your defining moment as a poker player?
Old 10-03-2007, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most misunderstood man in online tournament poker?

[/ QUOTE ]
I really can't think of one that sticks out. I'll post about this again if I think of someone.

[ QUOTE ]
Most balla thing you've ever seen somebody do (poker player and/or non poker player)?

[/ QUOTE ]
Hrmm, that's really hard too. I once saw a really drunk guy in AC tip a $2K pot at 2/5 NL to a ridiculously hot dealer. I actually don't even know if she got to keep it because I was two tables over and they made him get up from the table really soon after and I saw the chips being carried away by a floor guy. That always struck me as being pretty balla... not because of the dollar amount, just because of the ridiculousness. Other than that, it's a lot of standard stuff like spending a huge amount at a restaurant, buying a sick watch, etc.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How can I become more photogenic?

[/ QUOTE ]
Get "BJ Pro" tattooed on your forehead. I'm sure most of the population will understand and will want to take your picture because of your card skills.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How does it feel to have to 2nd least viewed blog in all of cardrunners?

[/ QUOTE ]
Haha, I love my CardRunners blog.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you have any plans for the blog other than having cool colors and [censored] yo?

[/ QUOTE ]
Probably not on CardRunners. I already have a blog. I was just impressed that they added all of those color options in. It make blogs there very myspace-y (ie, unreadable).

[ QUOTE ]
4 hrs and this Well has already delivered, looking forward to the rest. I always wondered about the pokerdb stuff and how you seemed to know so much about a lot of the bigger profile online players. Wish you continued success in your endeavors.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2007, 01:16 PM

Who is the best poker player to come from www.pscrew.com?
Old 10-03-2007, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How does the data collection side of thepokerdb work? If I try to request tourney summaries from Stars with my account, I'm capped at 60 per hour, and I have to know the IDs.

[/ QUOTE ]
We have programs that run through the lobby and open up every completed tournament. They do this based on the tourney id number and they keep a local text file to keep track of which have been opened. Then the information is dumped to an XML file, which is transmitted from the collection machine to the db processor. Summaries are automatically inputted via running an XML parser every minute (we used Scheduled Tasks to run the parser).

[ QUOTE ]
How do you guys collect the summaries? Is it a different method than through the lobby? (automated, obviously).

[/ QUOTE ]
See above.

[ QUOTE ]
Feel free to get technical in your answer - I'm a VB / Database developer by trade...

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, the hard part is getting the info out of the non-standard windows controls. The clients that use standard controls are easy. Custom controls are hard.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:21 PM

Hey nat, grats on all the success, I know you've won a lot of respect from the community from what you've done.

1) Why don't you play more? Clearly anyone who spends so much time around the game must love it, and you even travel the circuit, so what stops you from buying in to the ME when you show up in Vegas, Monte Carlo, Bahamas, ... ??

2) Do you see yourself actually going through the whole articling process and selling your soul after law school or are you just going to keep your degree in your pocket and just keep doing what you're doing? (p.s. torts sucks).
Old 10-03-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who is the best poker player to come from www.pscrew.com?

[/ QUOTE ]
It depends what you mean by "come from" ... do you mean the best player who was a member? If so, I'd say Ozzy.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey nat, grats on all the success, I know you've won a lot of respect from the community from what you've done.

1) Why don't you play more? Clearly anyone who spends so much time around the game must love it, and you even travel the circuit, so what stops you from buying in to the ME when you show up in Vegas, Monte Carlo, Bahamas, ... ??

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess I hate tournaments and I'm not even sure I'd be all that +EV in them. Maybe it's cyclical thing, but I just never thought it was a good idea to plunk down money with the losing money most of the time and winning a [censored] of money every once in awhile. Not because of EV, but just because they introduce a ton of variance for no real reason. I usually go to those events for fun or business reasons and I'll do the same at the PCA this year. This isn't to say I won't ever play a major tournament, but I'm not all that attracted to it.

[ QUOTE ]
2) Do you see yourself actually going through the whole articling process and selling your soul after law school or are you just going to keep your degree in your pocket and just keep doing what you're doing? (p.s. torts sucks).

[/ QUOTE ]
Probably not ever going to finish my JD. See my grad school answer above.