Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2007, 08:22 PM

Default Weight loss plan blah blah

Im at about 21-22% BF looking to get down to 12ish. At this point I dont really care about keeping muscle mass or w/e, I just wanted to run my diet plan and excercise plan and see what improvements could be made before I really get started, so here goes

For my diet I basically just have 2 different options for each of my meals, Ill be fairly liberal with dinner choices. I.E. like 6 different options

Breakfast: 2 Eggs with cheese and ham along with 1 piece of toast and peanut butter or 2 pieces of toast with peanut butter and some ham

Snack 1: 8oz protein shake on workout days or raw almonds and raisions on non workout days

Lunch: Tuna sandwich with fruit or skinless chicken with fruit or vegetables

Snack 2: Protein shake on workout day or fruit and vegetables

Dinner: Random stuff probably mostly chicken or lean beef with vegetables

Snack 3: cottage cheese or yogurt with fruit

Workout plans:

Monday: Weight training full body
Tues: HIIT on a stationary
Wed: Weight training full body
Thurs: HIIT on a stationary
Fri: rest
Sat: Weight training full body
Sun: Endurance long distance run
Resistance training will be on the side of circuit training

All Ill really be drinking is water and milk, prob some diet coke in there

Any glaring things i should consider changing or does this seem like itd work ok?
Old 08-13-2007, 09:00 PM

Default Re: Weight loss plan blah blah

Don't write what you will be eating. Write a diet with cals and with P/C/F breakdown. Post your workout and HIIT you plan on doing.

This is ultra general.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:05 PM

You want to go from 21-12 bf% but you don't care about keeping muscle mass so one obvious choice is to try fasting, theres a good thread about that in the last couple days. The other obvious choice is to rethink your statement about not caring about keeping muscle mass because I'm pretty sure you can't really mean that.

Weight Training and HIIT are good for you but you can't do them 5 out of 7 days a week. You're going to burn out so ridiculously fast at that pace... Try something like Rippetoe's in the FAQ and do HIIT maybe 3 times every 2 weeks, and you can cut the endurance long distance run unless that is a specific goal for you because as far as cutting down bodyfat the HIIT sessions are better by a mile.

Edit: Yeah, we need numbers for your diet (cals and p/c/f #s), the food doesn't matter too much just as long as it's not sugar sugar sugar. I don't even eat for taste, I eat to get my calories and get my ratio.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You want to go from 21-12 bf% but you don't care about keeping muscle mass so one obvious choice is to try fasting, theres a good thread about that in the last couple days. The other obvious choice is to rethink your statement about not caring about keeping muscle mass because I'm pretty sure you can't really mean that.

Weight Training and HIIT are good for you but you can't do them 5 out of 7 days a week. You're going to burn out so ridiculously fast at that pace... Try something like Rippetoe's in the FAQ and do HIIT maybe 3 times every 2 weeks, and you can cut the endurance long distance run unless that is a specific goal for you because as far as cutting down bodyfat the HIIT sessions are better by a mile.

Edit: Yeah, we need numbers for your diet (cals and p/c/f #s), the food doesn't matter too much just as long as it's not sugar sugar sugar. I don't even eat for taste, I eat to get my calories and get my ratio.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is good to know about the numbers. Is there anything wrong with finding food that fits my calorie/protein/etc requirements for the day, and just eating it everyday?

also ill get the numbers
Old 08-13-2007, 10:49 PM

lots of people do something similar...plan your menu for the week and just cook enough for the whole week on sunday...makes the week simple as all the cooking is done...