Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you sell the method?
Yes 27 40.91%
No 39 59.09%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-25-2007, 01:50 AM

Default Re: College Football Week 13

Just because no one other than ND/Stanford fans and weird masochists were watching their game today, here is a pretty sweet hail mary lateral runback at the end of the first half. Sadly, it was called back not due to a block but because one of our lineman hit one of their lineman on the ground after the ball had been thrown, but it's still pretty cool.

Laterals!
Old 11-25-2007, 01:55 AM

Refs helped KU keep the game close. We win by alot more points without a bunch of [censored] calls.

GG Kansas, get ready oklahomaaaaaaaa.....
Old 11-25-2007, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you can onside kick the free kick, it's not actually over and stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I was wondering this. guess not?

edit: Wikipedia seems to indicate that you can onside kick any free kick, but it doesn't specifically mention college football. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

from this

Question: After a safety, the kicking team has the option to punt or kick the ball. Why can't the kicking team do an on-side punt, recovering the ball after it travels 10 yards?
Answer: NCAA & NFHS: Any free kick, including a punt following a safety, may be recovered by the kicking team after it has traveled 10 yds or been touched by a receiver.

so was mangino not aware of this option? also, did he use a tee to kickoff? cause that is not allowed after a safety, you have to use a placeholder, which is presumably why teams normally punt after a safety. and if he wasn't aware that you can onside kick, why did he kickoff instead of the usual punt after a safety. the whole thing confused me.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just because no one other than ND/Stanford fans and weird masochists were watching their game today, here is a pretty sweet hail mary lateral runback at the end of the first half. Sadly, it was called back not due to a block but because one of our lineman hit one of their lineman on the ground after the ball had been thrown, but it's still pretty cool.

Laterals!

[/ QUOTE ]

"they don't like this kind of thing at Stanford" LOL
Old 11-25-2007, 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I gained alot of respect for both these teams today. To me, they both looked better than LSU did yesterday and Chase Daniel should have a legitimate shot at a heisman

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not real sure what game you were watching but kansas were awful and missouri only beat an awful team by 6.

[/ QUOTE ]

No bias there.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:44 AM

Yeah, that seems off to me too. I thought that Kansas and Missouri put out a very well-played game and I was impressed with how well both teams executed. There were very few dropped balls or turnovers, and there weren't a lot of missed assignments either. Kansas just didn't quite have the speed in the secondary to keep up with Missouri's playmakers and they lost.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:07 PM

wait,

you guys really think kansas played well? they couldn't tackle anybody. they couldn't cover anybody. chase daniel completed 40 of 49 passes. forty. of forty nine. 81%. they forced no turnovers. they sacked daniel once. one time!

so no, kansas really didnt' play very well at all. and trust me, i'm unbiased because all i wanted was a damn good game to watch.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:51 PM

Missouri was clearly better than Kansas, but the Tigers didn't win by more because they committed like 10 more penalties than KU.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Missouri was clearly better than Kansas, but the Tigers didn't win by more because they got called for like 10 more penalties than KU.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-25-2007, 08:14 PM

One final bump to honor the most incompetent people in the world, Pac-10 replay officials.

Lol Pactenaments