Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2007, 09:40 PM

Default Re: Heisman Rankings

[ QUOTE ]
If I were just ranking RBs based on what they've accomplished this season, I'd probably go:

1. Felix Jones
2. Darren McFadden
3. Jonathan Stewart
4. Rashard Mendenhall
5. Matt Forte
6. Jamaal Charles
7. Chris Wells
8. Javon Ringer
9. Kevin Smith
10. Mike Hart

Hart's a good back, but he's nowhere near as good as the Michigan fans make him out to me. His biggest strength is that he can carry the ball a lot without fumbling, but even that's not very meaningful if he can't stay healthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's been pretty healthy throughout his career. He's not the fastest. He's not the biggest. But he still doesn't get tackled very easily and he is probably more similar to Barry Sanders than anyone else in college right now. I've had my doubts about him, but the more you see of him, the better you realize he is.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mike hart FTW if he hadnt been slowed down by injury....still going to NY anyway and is best COLLEGE player in country (not NFL projections like some would liek to do for the heisman, i.e. mcfadden playing on a terrible team and being upstaged for entire games by felix jones)

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand this distinction between best college player and best NFL player. McFadden is just plain better than Mike Hart. Period.

[/ QUOTE ]

yawn
Old 11-04-2007, 11:49 PM

One thing that really angers me. At this point in the year, wiht 75% of the season behind us, people should not be going from "Front-runner" to "Not a chance". I realize this is just mainstream media being stupid and over-reacting. But we have so much data at this point that one game, absent extremes like rushing for 300 yards or throwing 7 INTs, shouldn't move you around that much.

Of course, if Matt Ryan was the "clear front-runner" after the VaTech game then it's obvious trying to find logic in this process is silly.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1) Dixon

2)Some other guys

[/ QUOTE ]

This is about how I'd rank them. Even though I'm really rooting for Superman, his Georgia game killed his chances unless Dixon stumbles.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Tebow is really close IMHO & would be winning if it weren't for the UGA loss.

[/ QUOTE ]

TFG,

It's to the point where Tebow and Dixon are sort of similar in terms of overall performance in a way. I think that the main difference is Jonathon Stewart vs. Kestahn Moore. Basically Tebow is UF's rushing game whereas Dixon has a great one instead.

Either way, unless Oregon loses a couple games, I think their top 5 ranking and Tebow's injury plagued game are going to kill his chances. If they're even remotely close in the end, Dixon will get the nod because he isn't a sophomore.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mike hart FTW if he hadnt been slowed down by injury....still going to NY anyway and is best COLLEGE player in country (not NFL projections like some would liek to do for the heisman, i.e. mcfadden playing on a terrible team and being upstaged for entire games by felix jones)

[/ QUOTE ]

The difference between "best college player" and "best NFL prospect" is vanishingly small for RBs. What you are talking about is "MVP of college football" or something inane that is actually based on how good his team is and the schedule they play. I'd be willing to say that the 5 best RBs are the 5 best RB prospects in the NFL, and its probably in exact order.

This is not true for, say QB, as much as RB, though.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand this distinction between best college player and best NFL player. McFadden is just plain better than Mike Hart. Period.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
McFadden is just plain better than Mike Hart. Period.

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT--He has done way more in a much tougher conference. Pretty LOL that all these Michigan fans think hart has a chance to win.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1) Dixon

2)Some other guys

[/ QUOTE ]

This is about how I'd rank them. Even though I'm really rooting for Superman, his Georgia game killed his chances unless Dixon stumbles.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Tebow is really close IMHO & would be winning if it weren't for the UGA loss.

[/ QUOTE ]

TFG,

It's to the point where Tebow and Dixon are sort of similar in terms of overall performance in a way. I think that the main difference is Jonathon Stewart vs. Kestahn Moore. Basically Tebow is UF's rushing game whereas Dixon has a great one instead.

Either way, unless Oregon loses a couple games, I think their top 5 ranking and Tebow's injury plagued game are going to kill his chances. If they're even remotely close in the end, Dixon will get the nod because he isn't a sophomore.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be suprised if Dixon got it even if they won out.

b
Old 11-06-2007, 03:49 PM

My 2 cents here. I don't think Hart has a chance to win the Heisman and from what I've heard he isn't really a top NFL prospect, due to his lack of speed. Typically, as others have mentioned, the top collegiate RBs make top picks in the NFL. I think Hart is an exception. He's had a really good college career, but I don't think he will be a high draft pick (injuries, lack of speed). McFadden is def better.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But he still doesn't get tackled very easily and he is probably more similar to Barry Sanders than anyone else in college right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol at barry sanders comparison.