Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 06:07 PM

Default Re: Negreanu > ADZ ? He thinks so..

[ QUOTE ]
did u read the FCP forum this was posted in? its insane to think u need to data mine in order to accurately gauge a persons intellect. those people are [censored] dumb. what is ur fcp screename incidentally?im guessing u love him because hes a christian poker player....true? most of u fcp posters seem like u get a grate deal of comfort from the bible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just want to make a couple of quick points before this thread dies completely..

1) You were reading the General forum, FCP's equivalent of NVG. It'd be pretty silly to make a judgement of 2+2's level of poker skill based on LuckyJimm's ramblings, no?
2) They're not *all* terrible. There are a great number of FCPers who are hugely succesful online and live--JC Alvarado(PrtyPSux), Justin Pechie(Looshle), ChuckSty, HoosierAlum, BKice, GrinderMJ to name a few.
3) By design, FCP is a fan site in many ways, and to expect the same quality of poker player there, as there is here, is just plain silly. Not to mention, kind of pointing out the obvious.
4) Your argument for FCPers < 2+2ers, while not necessarily wrong, is absolutely brain dead in the way and the reasons you arrived at that conclusion.
5) Forum wars, or measuring forum pricks, is juvenile and brutally devoid of any merit.
6) You're right, you don't need to datamine to gauge a person's intellect. We've all seen yours on display.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
everyone who says any online pro is better than daniel negreaunu really is ignorant

[/ QUOTE ]
You're not necessarily ignorant, probably just means you're a fish and cant differentiate between how much better some top online NL players are compared to daniel.

I'd be willing to bet lots of money that daniel couldn't beat top online players for any sample sizes that are worth a damn.

The problem is that he simply fails to realize that he's outclassed. He has a big ego for a legitimate reason and its understandable. He's played live and beaten up on players in tournies and cash games for years and made millions. Why wouldn't he think otherwise? Also since he doesn't really understand poker to the extent that alot of top online players do he's ignorant (not in a bad way) of what he's not getting. You can't expect someone that isn't really on that level to understand why they aren't. It's like a fish that doesn't realize how someone can be so much better than them, although Daniel isn't a complete fish ofcourse.

But to be blunt, Daniel doesn't stand a chance against players to the likes of Aba, patrik, jman, GP, ADZ, etc. That's a fact. I don't even think he truly believes he does deep down. If there were ever a prop bet where i'd be willing to bet my bankroll it would be DN against someone like ABA for a 50k and sample size or bigger.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for the laugh.

I thought I was a master leveler, however you really passed me up here.

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty sure it wasn't a level, just a good post

[/ QUOTE ]

"dosnt stand a chance"

You guys fail to take into account that ppl play other games, not just 5 tables of NLHE online. So when you argue, you guys pick out the most favorable situation for the person your saying is better. In this case, your picking ADZ, CTS, GP, SBrug, whoever. Your picking their games, their prefrences, etc...

Why not play on DN's preferences? Like maybe a live mix of stud, and O8, or something?

You guys get it now? These guys arn't better poker players than DN. They're better NLHE online players. IMO thats the only game they have an edge in. Maybe PLO, but IDK what DN's skill level in PLO is.

Just b/c live play dosnt have the stats for accuracy, dosnt mean you dismiss it. B/c there is an answer, we just can't determine it b/c we dont havet he tools to. So it oculd be that in any live game DN would pawn these guys for like 15bb/100, however we can't no it, b/c we dont have 100 or 500k hands to show it.

So if DN' winrate live would be 15bb/100 vs ADZ (over 300k hands, which we would not see, b/c of limitations) and his online WR was -9bb/100 vs ADZ (we would have seen the 300k sample) he would actually be a winner over ADZ. (now in reality he may get his [censored] packed by ADZ, live, IDK, this is just an example)

As you see, its two completely different games. And you guys are only talking about 1 game, and completely dismissing the other.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:42 PM

Now two great posts in 1 thread, wtf?
Old 09-14-2007, 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
everyone who says any online pro is better than daniel negreaunu really is ignorant

[/ QUOTE ]
You're not necessarily ignorant, probably just means you're a fish and cant differentiate between how much better some top online NL players are compared to daniel.

I'd be willing to bet lots of money that daniel couldn't beat top online players for any sample sizes that are worth a damn.

The problem is that he simply fails to realize that he's outclassed. He has a big ego for a legitimate reason and its understandable. He's played live and beaten up on players in tournies and cash games for years and made millions. Why wouldn't he think otherwise? Also since he doesn't really understand poker to the extent that alot of top online players do he's ignorant (not in a bad way) of what he's not getting. You can't expect someone that isn't really on that level to understand why they aren't. It's like a fish that doesn't realize how someone can be so much better than them, although Daniel isn't a complete fish ofcourse.

But to be blunt, Daniel doesn't stand a chance against players to the likes of Aba, patrik, jman, GP, ADZ, etc. That's a fact. I don't even think he truly believes he does deep down. If there were ever a prop bet where i'd be willing to bet my bankroll it would be DN against someone like ABA for a 50k and sample size or bigger.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for the laugh.

I thought I was a master leveler, however you really passed me up here.

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty sure it wasn't a level, just a good post

[/ QUOTE ]

"dosnt stand a chance"

You guys fail to take into account that ppl play other games, not just 5 tables of NLHE online. So when you argue, you guys pick out the most favorable situation for the person your saying is better. In this case, your picking ADZ, CTS, GP, SBrug, whoever. Your picking their games, their prefrences, etc...

Why not play on DN's preferences? Like maybe a live mix of stud, and O8, or something?

You guys get it now? These guys arn't better poker players than DN. They're better NLHE online players. IMO thats the only game they have an edge in. Maybe PLO, but IDK what DN's skill level in PLO is.

Just b/c live play dosnt have the stats for accuracy, dosnt mean you dismiss it. B/c there is an answer, we just can't determine it b/c we dont havet he tools to. So it oculd be that in any live game DN would pawn these guys for like 15bb/100, however we can't no it, b/c we dont have 100 or 500k hands to show it.

So if DN' winrate live would be 15bb/100 vs ADZ (over 300k hands, which we would not see, b/c of limitations) and his online WR was -9bb/100 vs ADZ (we would have seen the 300k sample) he would actually be a winner over ADZ. (now in reality he may get his [censored] packed by ADZ, live, IDK, this is just an example)

As you see, its two completely different games. And you guys are only talking about 1 game, and completely dismissing the other.

[/ QUOTE ]

You realize they are playing NLHE and pretty much every single post talking about DN has used the words NLHE and the ones that haven't must be assumed to be talking about NLHE since thats the only game anyone has mentioned and that is also the game they are playing?

Do you realize all of these things? And if so, why make such a long and useless post?

FYI, Tiger Woods is a better golfer than ADZ, sbrugby and cts.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

FYI, Tiger Woods is a better golfer than ADZ, sbrugby and cts.

[/ QUOTE ]

live or online?
Old 09-14-2007, 03:48 AM

sorry guys i was not aware that we were only talking about NLHE.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:34 AM

John Voight

I think your post is retarded. When talking about poker most assume NLHE.

Also, no one has claimed the top online players would destroy Negreanu in other games, just NLHE.

The top online players are better than Negreanu at NLHE.

all better?
Old 09-14-2007, 06:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
did u read the FCP forum this was posted in? its insane to think u need to data mine in order to accurately gauge a persons intellect. those people are [censored] dumb. what is ur fcp screename incidentally?im guessing u love him because hes a christian poker player....true? most of u fcp posters seem like u get a grate deal of comfort from the bible.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) You were reading the General forum, FCP's equivalent of NVG. It'd be pretty silly to make a judgement of 2+2's level of poker skill based on LuckyJimm's ramblings, no?
2) They're not *all* terrible. There are a great number of FCPers who are hugely succesful online and live--JC Alvarado(PrtyPSux), Justin Pechie(Looshle), ChuckSty, HoosierAlum, BKice, GrinderMJ to name a few.
3) By design, FCP is a fan site in many ways, and to expect the same quality of poker player there, as there is here, is just plain silly. Not to mention, kind of pointing out the obvious.
4) Your argument for FCPers < 2+2ers, while not necessarily wrong, is absolutely brain dead in the way and the reasons you arrived at that conclusion.
5) Forum wars, or measuring forum pricks, is juvenile and brutally devoid of any merit.
6) You're right, you don't need to datamine to gauge a person's intellect. We've all seen yours on display.

[/ QUOTE ]

Completely owned
Old 09-14-2007, 07:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

and what negreanu said about having a huge edge over someone after a 200 hand session is ignorant as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
"everyone who says any online pro is better than daniel negreaunu really is ignorant" --

I don't think that's what most people are trying to say. There are plenty of 2/4 online pros (that's 2/4, not 200/400) that I don't think are better than him.

What people are trying to say is that he is clearly the fish in the tough, high stakes online games, even if fish is a relative term. Seriously, look at the game he is playing in...

PokerStars Game #11985555939: Hold'em No Limit ($100/$200) - 2007/09/10 - 19:05:04 (ET)
Table 'Kayala' 9-max Seat #5 is the button
Seat 1: JohnSmiley1 ($14092 in chips)
Seat 2: kerpowski ($10279 in chips)
Seat 3: Emmoyouesee ($20000 in chips)
Seat 5: KidPoker ($28063 in chips)
Seat 6: ktrieu ($20200 in chips)
Seat 7: $tinger 88 ($32865 in chips)
Seat 8: ADZ124 ($21015 in chips)

These are incredibly good and smart players, and there's absolutely no way this game is running with DN there. Not only do I think that he is clearly -EV in the game, it's only going to get worse as other players make subtle adjustments in their games to try to maximize their expectation against a player type that is different than your prototypical tagg regular.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Completely owned

[/ QUOTE ]
ya...sheesh i have been "served" several times(aggressive dancing preformed in a manner that made me very upset) but never owned ...not like this.and i had posted a retraction long before this poster took ownership of me.
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I rest my case, and I couldn't possibly have articulated my point more clearly in words than you have just done by example.

[/ QUOTE ]
happy to help.
****disclaimer i have not slept in 24 hr and am abnormally confrontational.i did not intend to get petty, but i did. it appears once i go past 19hr im set to autotroll...mybad

edit:you are saying "i rest my case" on a sample size of one jekoff. daniel did this on a sample size of 240 hands...me thinks DN is multi acounting 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]