Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 04:26 AM

Default Re: Horrible Moderation In Politics Forum

[ QUOTE ]
Myrtle,

You make some valid points. However those three posters are not honest debaters, and it was dishonest debate that caused the closure of the forum, regardless of the actual content of that debate.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, we know, all those dishonest posts that you and Jman always speak of but can never link to any example of. Tell a lie long enough it becomes the truth and all that good stuff I suppose.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:30 AM

Default Re: Cathy Says

[ QUOTE ]
There are more like you? Or do you have many accounts? Who else but you accused ACPlayer of being "dishonest"?

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually for a while I've suspected that Jimbo, BluffThis, and Stu Pidasso may not all be three seperate people. Kind of odd how whenever a sensitive subject like say gay marriage comes up, Stu or Jimbo pops out of nowhere and is posting everywhere while Bluff is rarely seen in any of those threads.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Myrtle,

You make some valid points. However those three posters are not honest debaters, and it was dishonest debate that caused the closure of the forum, regardless of the actual content of that debate.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, we know, all those dishonest posts that you and Jman always speak of but can never link to any example of. Tell a lie long enough it becomes the truth and all that good stuff I suppose.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shake, et al,

Those of us who were around back then, all know why the Politics forum was briefly closed... Mason came in here and told us... whether you agreed with Mason or not... you heard the reasons...

Nothing is gained by rehashing "those" old arguments... and nothing is gained by saying that the politics forum should be moderated in a way that does not address the specific concerns Mason had (including erring on the more cautious side).
Old 02-22-2007, 08:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Myrtle,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shake, et al,

Those of us who were around back then, all know why the Politics forum was briefly closed... Mason came in here and told us... whether you agreed with Mason or not... you heard the reasons...

Nothing is gained by rehashing "those" old arguments... and nothing is gained by saying that the politics forum should be moderated in a way that does not address the specific concerns Mason had (including erring on the more cautious side).

[/ QUOTE ]

Sniper,

I'm sorry, but I most heartily disagree with your above statement of "nothing is gained....".

If what you meant to say is that "Things will not change because that's the way Mason wants it, and it's his site", then I would say that you are most likely correct.

But......"Nothing is gained by discussing...."?

Plenty is to be gained, if the discussion can remain on track.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Damn, all you politics posters are a bunch of bitches.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there ever a thread about the politics forum where this [censored] retard doesn't pipe in to share his oh-so-erudite thoughts about the forum? If politics posters are "bitches", what does that make the loser who trolls politics posters?
Old 02-22-2007, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There is a thread going in the Mod forum on the issue of replacing me. I identified who I wanted (a current mod), but the feedback I got was that I am doing a good job, particularly on the racism issue. I look forward to continuing to serve as Politics mod.

[/ QUOTE ]

Big surprise that nothing changed. Mods of a feather flock together.

[/ QUOTE ]

Iron's not really putting it correctly. Mason supported Iron's actions. The other mods not nearly so much.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:35 PM

I was as specific as I felt I could be without breaking the "no leaks from the Mod Forum" rule. But Dids is right, the majority of the mods that weighed in didn't like my policies.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:57 PM

Iron,

The only reason I do that is because I want Bluff to understand 1- how decisions are made 2- with whom he should address his beef.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:39 PM

Default Re: Bigotry, again

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Either you intentionally lied ... or you unintentionally lied ... And it doesn't matter which, because either one shows your true character [etc etc etc].

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't matter?? There is no difference between when a poster intentionally lies and when a poster unintentionally lies (i.e. makes a mistake) ?? Either case proves the same thing and shows a person's "true character" ??

[/ QUOTE ]

Another very nice cut and paste hatchet job by Mickey the Liar. He removes the qualifying adjectives I used in the unintentional case which makes that one equivalent to the intentional case. Par for the course for Cyrus.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:33 PM

Default Last vestige off

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Either you intentionally lied ... or you unintentionally lied ... And it doesn't matter which, because either one shows your true character [etc etc etc].

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't matter?? There is no difference between when a poster intentionally lies and when a poster unintentionally lies (i.e. makes a mistake) ?? Either case proves the same thing and shows a person's "true character" ??

[/ QUOTE ]

Another very nice cut and paste hatchet job by Mickey the Liar. He removes the qualifying adjectives I used in the unintentional case which makes that one equivalent to the intentional case.

[/ QUOTE ]Oh I did a "hatchet job", did I?

Well, here is your phrase again, in its entirety. Kindly now explain to us how your "qualifying adjectives" make intentional to be the equivalent to unintentional :

[ QUOTE ]
Either you intentionally lied that lie, or you unintentionally lied in a careless haste to find an opportunity to smear me.

[/ QUOTE ]
In case they will be missing a public prosecutor in a certain court, you would be making a fine replacement, no doubt about it. Especially in cases where intent is a factor; you'd save time wasted on such nonsense rather drastically, correct?

Mickey Brausch
Closed Thread