Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 12:15 AM

Default Re: Horrible Moderation In Politics Forum

[ QUOTE ]

My next command is that you make a post of no less than 500 words explaining why you love the minimum wage.

[/ QUOTE ]

HATE HATE HATE
Old 02-22-2007, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
pvn,

DVaut and I are actually having a civil discussion of modding standards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I want you to kick it up a notch and start slinging the mud.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:15 AM

Damn, all you politics posters are a bunch of bitches.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:02 AM

Default Arson

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And Mary was lying whore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually since there isn't proof of that statement about the Blessed Mother, your statement is racist toward members of the catholic religion.

[/ QUOTE ]A poster can be as incendiary, antagonistic and insulting as he chooses.

I could submit that, in my moral universe, a wife who cheats on her legally wedded husband, whether she cheats him with an angel, a cloud, the house help, or God Almighty, is a whore.

And then, my dear Roman Catholic PLOppy, we could have a discussion as "lively" as the one you're gonna have with a random Muslim when you suggest to him that Mohammed, Blessed Be His Name, was a paedophile.

You obviously don't recognize fire when it's you who lights it up. This must be why when you cause flame wars to start (in non-Politics pages too), you get honestly befuddled and you start asking people why.

Mickey Brausch
Old 02-22-2007, 03:06 AM

Default Seven up

[ QUOTE ]

Most of the posts and threads that led up to the forum closure are no longer available, making it difficult to link back to where you made specifically anti-semitic comments, but then again, you know this.

[/ QUOTE ]

But your posts, where you explicitly refused to provide any back up for your claims, and where you stated that "it's just your opinion", are still available.

Oh. You didn't know this!

Mickey Brausch
Old 02-22-2007, 03:24 AM

Default Bigotry, again

[ QUOTE ]
Either you intentionally lied ... or you unintentionally lied ... And it doesn't matter which, because either one shows your true character [etc etc etc].

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't matter?? There is no difference between when a poster intentionally lies and when a poster unintentionally lies (i.e. makes a mistake) ?? Either case proves the same thing and shows a person's "true character" ??

Wow.

This is precisely the kind of logic you have been following consistently on 2+2, in all your participations in threads, and which has led you to so many discursive dead-ends. And it's also the kind of logic that characterizes a bigoted person, someone who doesn't care if the infraction of a rule is intentional or not -- such as a religious fundamentalist who believes that we are all born Guilty; someone who, for example, is sending to Hell any human who didn't believe in Jesus Christ (viz. relevant discussions in SMP).

Ah, long live and prosper.

Mickey Brausch
Old 02-22-2007, 04:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i would just ban like 1/3rd of the politics forum for being idiots who have no idea how to make/support an argument and can only say little retarded political cliche one liners about how [censored] the party they dont support is. And i would get rid of all the people who make "witty" one word responses and think theyre funny, so yeah, since you would be banned, i can see why you wouldnt like me being the mod.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol, if anyone wants to look at this guys posts where he lays out his 'arguments', just search for his AtF posts, or the OOT survivor where he lost to one of the most unpopular hated OOT poster ever. They'd be unreadable if they weren't so unintentionally funny.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Damn, all you politics posters are a bunch of bitches.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for trolling.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All,

I propose the following compromise:

1) iron voluntarily resigns without conditions (his saying he will do so if someone he thinks will be a good mod is unacceptable since his poor judgement is at issue and that judgement can't be trusted to make the determination of whom should be mod either), and Mat asks vulturesrow to step down as well for inactivity (note vulturesrow is a serving military officer and apparently doesn't have time - kudos to him for his service to our country).

2) 2 posters from each side of the aisle be permanently exiled from the politics forum via the same software mechanism OOT uses for same:

From the Loony and Intellectually Dishonest Left: Mickey and Chris Alger

From the Wacky and Teller of Uncomfortable Truths Right: BluffTHIS! and a conservative poster to be chosen by the loony left through a poll with runoff if necessary and only regular posters voting

*bonus option to exile ACPlayer and a 3rd conservative poster to also be chosen by leftist poll

3) <font color="black">[censored]</font> return as mod of the politics forum

4) And at his discretion ban any trolls, where troll is defined as a poster whose posting history there primarily consists of making one-liner bumper-stickerish slogan propaganda postings and links to such, without giving any of his own reasoning supporting such conclusions. No effort will be made to achieve left/right balance on this as trolling is just trolling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guys,

That is a very reasonable and workable compromise above that I proposed. Don't let it die on the vine.

[/ QUOTE ]
Quoted for please god don't this is a horrible idea. Survivors and blood thirsty bannings and ban happy mods aren't what the forum needs right now.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Iron IS in a no-win position.

Let's try to be accurate, and I think you have in your post.

He started off over-utilizing his modding powers, and got his head handed to him very quickly.

He handled that very well, IMO, and has shown a consistent willingness to discuss his decisions and has also shown a willingness to "learn".

Do some of his decisions not make sense to me? Yes, in a very few cases I "don't get it", but the guy has never claimed to be perfect.

I think this particular issue vs. Iron is making a mountain out of a mole-hill.

Any of us who have been in the Politics Forum for any length of time have seen much more serious transgressions by other mods.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good post myrtle. I really don't like criticizing the guy because he's trying and he's listened to us, and he's also enforcing rules he's been told he has to follow by the reds.

but really it has been one thing after another and while yeah I know moderator of small OT forum isn't that big of a deal to many in the first place, we could use an improvement, and you very much could use a person with better judgement.
Closed Thread