Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 06:21 PM

Default Re: The Ultimate Fighter / UFC thread

4sp,

The doctor's office visit was a joke. That guy was imo just looking for camera time. I mean, I'm sure he's a tough guy and all and really wanted to fight, but he was just overacting for the camera. He knew he wasn't fighting with a broken elbow. The big giveaway was the doctor, who clearly wasn't even slightly concerned by the outburst.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
4sp,

The doctor's office visit was a joke. That guy was imo just looking for camera time. I mean, I'm sure he's a tough guy and all and really wanted to fight, but he was just overacting for the camera. He knew he wasn't fighting with a broken elbow. The big giveaway was the doctor, who clearly wasn't even slightly concerned by the outburst.

[/ QUOTE ]

word.

it annoyed me pretty bad to have that stupid [censored] on the camera...really not entertaining at all.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
4sp,

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah LOL. He knew he was getting kicked off the show with a broken elbow so he decided to go out with a bang. LOL, still very funny.

Anybody agree with me it's time for a Forrest vs Rampage for the title? I think they should strike when it's hot. Forrest and Rampage are the most charasmatic fighters the UFC has, this would draw big money. His win over Shogun has cemented himself as a top level fighter, I don't think I've ever seen a bigger upset in MMA history.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:30 PM

For those of you who haven't seen some of Shogun's previous fights, here's a video of him just destroying the current UFC champion Rampage Jackson. It's a total beatdown. No way Forrest should've beat Shogun, I would've mortgage the house on Shogun to wipe the mat with forrest. [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

http://www.fightremix.com/videos/Pri...ampage_Jackson
Old 09-25-2007, 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
4sp,

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah LOL. He knew he was getting kicked off the show with a broken elbow so he decided to go out with a bang. LOL, still very funny.

Anybody agree with me it's time for a Forrest vs Rampage for the title? I think they should strike when it's hot. Forrest and Rampage are the most charasmatic fighters the UFC has, this would draw big money. His win over Shogun has cemented himself as a top level fighter, I don't think I've ever seen a bigger upset in MMA history.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would seriously consider ponying up the negabucks for a ticket to see that one in person.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Very few guys that get far in the UFC were moron tough guys. It seems to take a lot of intelligence to excel in MMA in general and the UFC in particular. Remember how many guys in TUF 1 had Masters' or grad school?

[/ QUOTE ]

I definetely agree that moron tough guys just don't make it and excel in this sport (ie Tank Abbott). MMA requires too much dedication in your training, a variety of techniques and skill to be learned, and applying good gameplan and strategy to defeat your opponent.

It is definetely not the type of sport a drunken brawler or doorman can walk right into and succeed.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:49 AM

Default First Ultimate Fighter 6 Episode

For the first TUF episode, it was great! Very multicultural too. We got Borat just losing it on a doctor, and milking his 15 seconds of fame. Then we got a Soprano's episode, where Tony turns on one of his own for tapping out. An absolute comedy fest!
Old 09-25-2007, 07:31 AM

Default Re: First Ultimate Fighter 6 Episode

yeah this season could be good of TUF, ive been really interested in MMA for a good while now and Shoguns loss to Forrest Griffin really mortified me. But there is not much to it, forrest had improved ALOT and shogun came in expecting to cruise through and got gassed BAD.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:07 PM

Wow Dorian got completely schooled last night. That was pretty bad. Guy has 0 ground skills, he appears to know what a guard is but thats about it. I still cant decide which coach is a bigger d-bag..
Old 09-28-2007, 05:23 PM

Joey is a biggity bitch.
Closed Thread