Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 01:53 AM

Default $10NL - TT faces agression on low board

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $4.60
BB: $7.20
UTG: $10.40
MP: $3.75
Hero (CO): $10.05
BTN: $10.30

Preflop: Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.10, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.40</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $0.70</font>, MP calls $0.60, Hero calls $0.30

Flop: ($2.15) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $1.20</font>, MP folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $4.80</font>, Hero ???

Too small of a sample to get an read on villain.

Ok, here's my thought process. On the flop, I figured he had to be strong, espeically from the weak flop bet. I thought I'd raise and probably fold to any further aggression, however after raising, it seems that I've put a lot of my stack in there and he doesn't have too much left. I'm not sure what's the right play. He's repping JJ+ or maybe a set, how often is he on a draw or have high cards?

Thanks guys.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:26 AM

Default Re: $10NL - TT faces agression on low board

i dont like raising the flop for info because your committing yourself to the to the hand, your raise is too small anyway imo.

if its me i probly call flop and reassess turn, 4 betting to 2.4 pre probly isnt bad either.

make a note of his min 3 bet pre and try to gete an idea of his range when he shows one of these down.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:36 AM

Ok, but if I 4-bet and he shoves or reraises, easy fold right?

And, I agree my flop reraise is too small. I just went to type it out and I saw stack sizes and I kinda wanted to keep it small while finding out what he had and ended up feeling committed in the process. I understand though. Thanks.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:10 AM

I also play NL10, and usually such minibets and reraises mean KK+ who is not scared of being outdrawn but underpaid. I'm afraid we have just two outs, and the calling odds are not sufficient.