Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2007, 02:47 AM

Default There\'s no fold inFull Tilt Poker - No Limit Ho here post flop, right?

UTG is LAG and his raise means Any Ace, Any King,any pair, perhaps any 2 suited... I call because of position and because he is likely to pay off if I hit and he has anything.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $76.15
BB: $18.60
UTG: $49.60
Hero (BTN): $50.25

Preflop: Hero is dealt 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $1.50</font>, Hero calls $1.50, SB folds, BB calls $1.00

Flop: ($4.75) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $4.75</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $12.00</font>, Hero calls $12.00, <font color="red">BB raises all-in to $17.10</font>, UTG calls $5.10, Hero calls $5.10

Turn: ($56.05) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players - 1 All-In)
<font color="red">UTG bets all-in for $31.00</font>, Hero calls $31.00

River: ($118.05) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $118.05 ($2 Rake)
Old 06-19-2007, 02:53 AM

Default Re: There\'s no fold inFull Tilt Poker - No Limit Ho here post flop, ri

I probably just isolate all the dead money in the [censored] pot by shoving and hope BB comes along and if UTG wants to come, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eee
Old 06-19-2007, 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I probably just isolate all the dead money in the [censored] pot by shoving and hope BB comes along and if UTG wants to come, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eee

[/ QUOTE ]

And hope BB leads there with something other then a set or hsis own combo draw.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:17 AM

Hate the PF call, 53s is rarely going to hit. I'd prefer a higher suited one-gapper. I prefer more hands with TP value or middle pairs v LAGs who go too far with 2nd pair / bluff all the time because they are sturdier made hands, while they can push you off your draws by giving you the wrong odds too often.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And hope BB leads there with something other then a set or hsis own combo draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

BB only has $18, he's not B/3B'ing combo draws. He might have 2 pr, but I'm not giving him credit for a set exclusively.

also, I didn't see the PF action until Vyse mentioned it....it's terrible

fold PF, when playing a LAG it's better to play hands where u can make a decent pair (ie top or 2nd pr) and then u can let him bluff off his chips

if you're always chasing the LAG is the one who has the advantage b/c most of the time he has nothing that can call ur bets IF you hit thus u have no implied odds
Old 06-19-2007, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hate the PF call, 53s is rarely going to hit. I'd prefer a higher suited one-gapper. I prefer more hands with TP value or middle pairs v LAGs who go too far with 2nd pair / bluff all the time because they are sturdier made hands, while they can push you off your draws by giving you the wrong odds too often.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-19-2007, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BB only has $18, he's not B/3B'ing combo draws. He might have 2 pr, but I'm not giving him credit for a set exclusively.

also, I didn't see the PF action until Vyse mentioned it....it's terrible

fold PF, when playing a LAG it's better to play hands where u can make a decent pair (ie top or 2nd pr) and then u can let him bluff off his chips

if you're always chasing the LAG is the one who has the advantage b/c most of the time he has nothing that can call ur bets IF you hit thus u have no implied odds

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been really focusing on position lately. I've been working on doing more positional plays, looser calls in position (so long as no one is shortstacked) and floating more.

The UTG raiser was really bad. Though this is at the bottom of my range, if he actually had a hand like an overpair and I anything, it would be a huge pot.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: ($4.75) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $4.75</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $12.00</font>, Hero calls $12.00,

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats just gross. I shove or fold here.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:57 PM

shove flop if you're gonna play that trash