Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2007, 03:26 PM

Default Re: gambling back-to-back with JTs against same foe

well its hard to find a situation where you aren't good at least 1 in 120.

subjectively, i would say you are good 5% of the time. basically, pure bluff type situations, which should be somewhat rare on this board because there never was a flush draw for him to bluff with when it busts, also since you couldn't have a flush draw he can't put you on that and try to bluff the river in order to get you to fold a better high card.

i guess you beat an overplayed 99 or something. i guess 7%

EDIT: i guess the pot is about 15 BB so 7% is pretty close to what you would need. D'OH.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:28 PM

I did mess up the initial hand I posted.
The flop was As Kd 5d
Old 07-18-2007, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The flop was As Kd 5d

[/ QUOTE ] maybe a good call then. i would have a hard time making that call live since it just doesn't seem to ever work. but that just sounds like an excuse for playing worse live, i often say "nobody does this stuff live". i feel such statements are 1 part reasonable contextual argument and 1 part fallacy.

a different flop line would have made the hand a bit easier (and more profitable) to play though, even if it means you would have lost this particular hand had you taken that line.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: This only works if villain is either very weak tight or one of those "I gotta play perfect" types. Otherwise just spew.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he is betting because he doesn't have anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand anything going on by any of the players in these hands. Villain seems like a total 'tard with no clue on what poker is. Your play makes more sense in light of his retardedness, but I think your read that Villain is decent-playing is way off.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The flop was As Kd 5d

[/ QUOTE ]

C/R is okay here equity wise, but the thing is in reality if you make your flush or straight on the turn you will be able to c/r them both for double dollars extremely often I think. The pot is so big on the river but I don't really see what the villain is value betting here but I don't see him bluffing or having any sort of bluff in his hand either. I want to fold but the degenerate in me probably needs to see his hand and keep him honest.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:48 PM

Hand 1 won't work unless the opponent fits an incredibly thin stereotype of live players (which some do, so if this guy does, fine). This is awful in a vacuum, but I've played against plenty of fools live that I'd try it against, because they're convinced any river c/r is the nuts and they'll be damned if they fall for it. So maybe it's OK if this opponent fits the description.

I would fold hand 2. I don't see what you could be ahead of (despite results) unless your opponent is a maniac.