FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2007, 07:49 PM

Default Re: Set of Aces 3/6

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
shove quick.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What hand does villian have that he's calling with that he isn't paying off with on the river? KhQh? He likely doesn't have an ace, so either he flopped the nuts or we'll get it in on the river anyways. If he's making a play with a pair and gutshot though, we'll lose him.
Old 01-07-2007, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd call. Second best is shove. I lean towards call though because out of the three possible types of hands he has here (pair and draw, two pair or set), two out of those will pay off a river bet and you have position. The other one (pair and draw) may try and bluff river. There really aren't any scary cards for you on the river, so I'd call it and get the rest in on the river. If you push and he has a pair and some draw, then it's unlikely he's calling.

[/ QUOTE ]
He calls all 3 on the turn and can get away sometimes id a k/10 drops or a heart. Its a shove
Old 01-07-2007, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd call. Second best is shove. I lean towards call though because out of the three possible types of hands he has here (pair and draw, two pair or set), two out of those will pay off a river bet and you have position. The other one (pair and draw) may try and bluff river. There really aren't any scary cards for you on the river, so I'd call it and get the rest in on the river. If you push and he has a pair and some draw, then it's unlikely he's calling.

[/ QUOTE ]
He calls all 3 on the turn and can get away sometimes id a k/10 drops or a heart. Its a shove

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you know this? Opponent cannot have better than middle pair and gutshot if he doesn't have a set or two pair and it would be a big mistake for him to call a push (not to say that SOMETIMES he will call). And you're saying our opponent will be afraid we back doored a flush? I dunno, perhaps people think like this at this level.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:10 PM

Just to let you guys know how it wen't, I shoved on the turn, he called and won with a K10
Old 01-07-2007, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just to let you guys know how it wen't, I shoved on the turn, he called and won with a K10

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you played it fine. Coolers suck.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You played it fine. Mathematically shoving is not optimal, but it's very close. Calling or shoving the turn is not a huge difference, but I'm personally nit picky.

Not much you can do when someone flops the nuts with the hand you had.