Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 09:49 AM

Default OSU at Penn State

Anyone else on board with the Nittany Lions to win outright against a vastly overrated 8-0 Buckeye squad?
Old 10-24-2007, 10:07 AM

Default Re: OSU at Penn State

No. Ohio State may not have played anyone yet, but they're also not dropping points to those teams. Everyone has easy games but you see the USC's, LSU's and Michigans end up giving up points to these bad teams. OSU has only given up points really in the last quarter at the end of the game with their 3rd string in the lineup.
Against Michigan State, OSU's biggest problem was fumbling by their half backs. I'm sure Tressel has worked on this during the week and will be ready for Penn State's attempted white out by their fans.

My only gripe about Ohio State is they never run up the point total so it's often not safe to bet them as big favorites as they're perfectly content to win by 10 points a game.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No. Ohio State may not have played anyone yet, but they're also not dropping points to those teams. Everyone has easy games but you see the USC's, LSU's and Michigans end up giving up points to these bad teams. OSU has only given up points really in the last quarter at the end of the game with their 3rd string in the lineup.
Against Michigan State, OSU's biggest problem was Quarterback Todd Boeckman. I'm sure Tressel has worked on this during the week and will be ready for Penn State's attempted white out by their fans.

My only gripe about Ohio State is they never run up the point total so it's often not safe to bet them as big favorites as they're perfectly content to win by 10 points a game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Penn State has a chance at winning the game 10-3, 10-7 or something very low scoring. Their only hope is to shut down the Buckeyes offense and hope they can get a score or two. They also need Morelli to not score for the Buckeyes, as he put up 14 for us last year.

The safest bet is probably the under 40.5. Both defenses are pretty good, and both offenses are mediocre. I can't see Ohio State putting up more than 28, and that would require 14 from Penn State. Expect a 17-6 game or something similar. Fortunately, most of Boeckman's carelessness comes after Ohio State has a sizable lead where his mistakes don't really matter. I wonder if he is just testing his limits more after the game has been virtually put away.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:58 AM

I liked PSU more until I realize they had lost 3-4 starters and a backup to one of the DL starters [they have depth there, however] to injury in past 2 weeks. Now I'm unsure.

I still wouldn't lay more than 3 on Ohio, regardless. This is only 2nd time #1 has come to Happy Valley. Fans are pumped and we remember how the PSU D totally shut down Smith and Ginn and Gonzalez and crew 2 years ago. Feels like a 20-17 or 17-14 type game.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I liked PSU more until I realize they had lost 3-4 starters and a backup to one of the DL starters [they have depth there, however] to injury in past 2 weeks. Now I'm unsure.

I still wouldn't lay more than 3 on Ohio, regardless. This is only 2nd time #1 has come to Happy Valley. Fans are pumped and we remember how the PSU D totally shut down Smith and Ginn and Gonzalez and crew 2 years ago. Feels like a 20-17 or 17-14 type game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you intentionally call Ohio State by the incorrect name? I'd call PSU Penn but I don't want to insult the Ivy League school. How about Happy Valley Community College?
Old 10-24-2007, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you intentionally call Ohio State by the incorrect name?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is tilting me to a remarkable degree and I hate Ohio State. It's a weird feeling.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you intentionally call Ohio State by the incorrect name?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is tilting me to a remarkable degree and I hate Ohio State. It's a weird feeling.

[/ QUOTE ]

It wouldn't even be so bad if there wasn't a school called Ohio. I have a guy at work who does the same thing, so I just call Texas "Texas State".

I guess you people realize why we call it tOSU now. Not sure if he is intentionally doing it or is ignorant.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess you people realize why we call it tOSU now. Not sure if he is intentionally doing it or is ignorant.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sure he's not ignorant. Also, you are wrong: we people do not understand why you don't just call it OSU.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sure he's not ignorant. Also, you are wrong: we people do not understand why you don't just call it OSU.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now why would you call Ohio, Oregon?
Old 10-24-2007, 12:40 PM

Or Oklahoma