Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 10:33 AM

Default Re: TPTK, best line?

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't this the classic way ahead way behin scenario?

[/ QUOTE ]

If it were heads up. I'd check raise this and I'm seeing a showdown unless the action gets really heavy.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My thinking was sort of paranoid/overly negative in thinking "he has AK and he's gonna check, so I better bet now or I'm screwed". I should have thought he has TT (6), JJ (6) and AK (12). And he's got AA (3), KK (6), QQ (1) . (I know I'm leaving out AJs, KQs, 99, and AQ but those are less likely.) So he's got 24 combos I'm WA, and he's gonna bet these maybe 3/4 of the time (TT and JJ always, AK 50%). And he's got only 10 combos that I'm WB.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with leading out in a WA/WB situation after having raised pre-flop is that you make your hand obvious and easy to play against. He can call once and see if you bet out the turn when he is behind for a fairly easy fold, and he can wait to pop you until the turn or river when he is ahead.

You are in ideal position for the flop C/R. If he re-raises and bets the turn you may even be able to get away from the hand UI.

If he checks through the flop, this isn't so bad either. It makes everybody else's gut shot draw they hit on the turn worse to draw to when you bet out the turn. And you may draw a semi-bluff bet from BB or EP with a lower pair.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:55 PM

Rob,

After talkin to surdoc and reading the other responses, I'm on teh c/r'ing camp. I think its truly superior to betting out b/c there are a lot of hands this guy w/c-bet with that we are ahead of and we can trap another player drawing slim to dead
Old 10-30-2007, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rob,

After talkin to surdoc and reading the other responses, I'm on teh c/r'ing camp. I think its truly superior to betting out b/c there are a lot of hands this guy w/c-bet with that we are ahead of and we can trap another player drawing slim to dead

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for the comment. that is the consensus take home point here. C/R b/c villain will be betting TT, JJ and most importantly, AK, enough.