Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 03:01 PM

Default More Fish on Weekends? Evening? Don\'t think so! ???

It seems obvious that there are more fish on the weekends and in the evenings. (I'm talking PokerStars) But....

I watch the SiteScout.com figures. PS seems to hit 11,000+ around 9am CST and tops out around 14,000 around 4-5pm and drops off around 10pm. There is very little variance between weekends and weekdays. ??? And 9am (noon EST) seems early for the "evening" crowd.

I have noticed a 2-3,000 jump in players recently. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

----------Kitty

PS. Anyplace to see an hourly/daily graph of players???
Old 10-03-2007, 03:38 PM

Default Re: More Fish on Weekends? Evening? Don\'t think so! ???

total number of players doesn't tell the whole story.

Some recreational/casual players only have time to play on weekends and some people only drink on weekends too. Makes for an interesting combination.

How many VP-85 donks are you finding on weekends vs. rest of the week is the key.
For me I find way more on the weekends.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:55 PM

^^^ What he said.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:57 PM

I find way more on the weekends as well. US long weekends are when they all come out.

The number of awful players is so large though that it doesn't really matter. At any time at least 25-60% of players (depending on level played) are retarded.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:57 PM

Yes, you seem to be confusing "more players" with "more fish."
Old 10-03-2007, 04:04 PM

henry - yes, i very much look forward to U.S. 3-day holiday weekends as a time to lock-down and crank out the hours if I can. Thinking of things like Labor Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, stuff like that. But also can include Thanksgiving and XMas.
I've found a higher percentage of super-insane donks during those times. Some of whom will babble on in the chat-box about how drunk they got at some friend's BBQ or something
Old 10-03-2007, 04:18 PM

I agree with what all of you have said. But what confuses me it...

Everyone says all the fish come out on the weekends, but all of you 2+2r/sharks play extra hours. The number of players remains fairly consistant. Maybe an extra 1-2,000. So that means 11,000 normal split between sharks/fish weekdays and on the weekends an extra 1-2000 fish???

It does seem like the weekends have a lot more bad players. It seems to me we have less sharks AND more fish on the weekends.

For all the supposed fish that mainly play on the weekend, there just isn't that much of an overall jump in the total number of players.

Thanks for the responses.

-----------Kitty
Old 10-03-2007, 04:27 PM

I think a lot of young players might be missing. Playing poker after a night of drinking is hardly fun. Thursday and Saturday nights I rather be out then playing.

There could also be a lot of players that play live on weekends.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think a lot of young players might be missing. Playing poker after a night of drinking is hardly fun. Thursday and Saturday nights I rather be out then playing.

There could also be a lot of players that play live on weekends.

[/ QUOTE ]
Two very good points.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:43 PM

exactly.
some full-timers really grind it out through the week and take some time-off over the weekends.
That's where the fish-to-shark ratio changes.

Just because I like to crank out the hours on the weekends doesn't mean I always accomplish that or that ALL multi-tabling full-timers do the same thing.

No matter how juicy the games are I do make other plans that take me away for significant stretches. I'm not playing 80 hours a week and most others aren't either.

But when I do get in those hours on the weekends I see a lot of unfamiliar faces and also notice the absence of some regulars who I'm practically ALWAYS playing with.

Some of my most annoying multi-tabling sharks that I can never get away from sometimes actually do seem to be noticeably absent during at least part of the weekend.

FWIW - it's certainly not just the young people that do some drinking mostly on weekends.

Basically, I think a significant percentage can call themselves 'mostly during the week' or 'mostly weekends'.
And the 'mostly during the week' ones are more likely to not be completely awful.

Basically, if a player maybe deposits onto Stars just a couple times a year and has no idea what the hell he's doing at the tables I'm guessing this type of player is far more likely to show up on the weekends than on a random Tuesday afternoon or something.