Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 04:57 PM

Default Re: What\'s the most heroic thing you\'ve ever done?

[ QUOTE ]
Rescued Dids from a well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pushed Dids and Noah back down the well and did a little dance.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I was 6 and my little brother was 4 we were fishing on a dock at a local state park. He walked right off the end of the dock because he was watching his line and not where he was going. I just jumped right in after him and grabbed him and held on to the beam of the dock. My mom and dad, who were on the shore where we were picnicking, came running franticly down to save us. Mom ended up jumping in the water just as we wer starting to climb out but my dad slipped on the wet dock and broke his arm on the way to us.

[/ QUOTE ]

you have the clumbsiest family in the world. congratulations.

the dock was naturally selecting.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:00 PM

RainDog,

This story touches me and tilts me endlessly. Bleeding out of her ears WTF?

'Guys! Guys! You have to help me! I took a girl out of a crashed car at <location>, and she's passed out and bleeding like [censored] and WTF! She has to go to the hospital, but I have no [censored] idea where it is!'

'Yeah why don't yuo sit down over there, blah blah blah 20 mins'

Were you not constantly screaming at them etc that there was SOMEBODY ABOUT TO DIE in your car? Constantly redialing 911 on your phone? Will they PLEASE make sure she's OK?

If the above happened and the bastards ignored it, I would seriously follow up on this. Call the news. Hunt the [censored] down. Find out what happened to that girl. Man like I said, reading this just tilts the [censored] out of me.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pushed Dids down a well.

[/ QUOTE ]

easier said than done, imo. see above for details.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:03 PM

The last time Dids made it through a canal was when his mom gave birth.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:05 PM

A couple months ago I was driving home with my gf to visit my mom. When we were almomst home we went over a bridge that is over a river near my mom's house. When we were crossing there was a whole group of people crowded alongside the bridge so we stopped to see what was going on.

When we got out to look, we saw that there was a car in the river, with somebody inside. There was a group of about 60 people just standing around, not doing anything. After a minute or two the car started to fill up with water and sink farther into the river.

I was simply amazed at the lack of action of everybody around me not doing anything. They were seriously going to let somebody drown in front of them without doing anything.

I don't know if they were scared of the river or the current, but I had grown up near this river and swam in it dozens of times. I handed my gf my wallet and cell phone, and jumped in. While I was waiting out to the car, a policeman showed up and screamed at me to get out of the river. He was nearly 300 pounds and didn't look like he could do much, but I think he just wanted all the glory to himself.

Anyways, out of 60 plus people I was the only person to jump in a river and try to save what turned out to be a 25 year old drunk girl that was screaming for help with 911 at the time. The next day the cop was awarded a medal and interviewd on tv.

It really taught me a lot how most people are unwilling to do much when it comes to helping a fellow person in need, and really changed the way I thought about things.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:08 PM

I told a bum on a subway to turn off his stereo because there was a bunch of kids trying to fall asleep. The bum started mouthing off and then decided he had to fight for his pride or whatever. Everyone cleared space (damn new yorkers, there was a bunch of stocky men there too, and I'm just a skinny jewish kid), but then the doors opened and he jumped off. He'd beat me up otherwise, for sure, as I never fight. Not much of a hero, either. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 09-24-2007, 05:15 PM

I've told this story here before, but a few years ago I was in a grocery store in LA and two old men got in a fistfight over a platter of free cheese samples that had been set out. I physically separated them and scolded them both, and then had to do it all over again 10 minutes later by the cash registers. The supermarket security guard did nothing the whole time.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:17 PM

This isn't all that heroic - but I did save a life.

About 2 years ago I was living in Fort Collins. Our roommate became a diabetic about a year before, and hadn't quite learned that he needed to REALLY monitor his blood sugar levels to keep them in check.

I woke up one morning to hear him groaning a little in the bathroom. I ask him if he's ok, and he says he'll be fine. There was something about the look in his eyes that told me he wasn't right, though.

I ask the other roommates if he's ever done anything like this before, and they both roll over and go back to sleep telling me not to worry about it.

About 10min pass, and I check with him again. He insists he's fine. At this point, knowing a little bit about DKA, I start asking him presence-of-mind questions. He's talking perfectly normal, but he doesn't know who the president it is, what year it is, etc. Uh oh.

I get him in my car and rush him to the hospital that's just 5 minutes away (figured it would be faster than the ambulence).

We get him in, and the docs immediately get him on IV's. A normal blood sugar level is somewhere between 70 and 150. Above 300 is considered risky. He was at 490.

The doc said another 30min and he probably wouldn't have made it.

Glad I didn't listen to my jackass roommates.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:24 PM

LOL'ing so hard at the euro mspaint!