Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 07:54 PM

Default Re: The Well: TheMetetron

[ QUOTE ]
Give a 1 paragraph description of your playing style.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, I'm a little bit hesitant to answer this. I'm a TAG, but I attempt to fly under the radar. If someone doesn't notice you and the times you make plays, this is really good for you. I try to keep my frequencies hard to play against for the average regular without beating it into their head that I'm making plays on them.

[ QUOTE ]
What separates you from other players on Party that are grinding out 1-2ptbb in the higher stakes games?

[/ QUOTE ]

Less variance? I really can't imagine playing a game I was only a 2 PTBB/100 winner in because your breakeven stretches/downswings are just huge. In all honesty, probably just a better understanding of the game and the ability to apply that in the moment. It's hard for a lot of people to get both working together. I also make it a point to actively table select which many don't.

[ QUOTE ]
What are the most important developments you made in your game that took you from being an average MSNL grinder to crushing the games? (kinda same as last question but maybe not)

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate to say it but I was never an average MSNL grinder. As soon as I moved up to MSNL I was immediately winning at my current rate, though I definitely think some of that was running hot at first as I've improved tremendously in the time since then. I think it is important for people to start out learning this game playing very tight, almost nit-like. Then as they become more and more comfortable with different situations they can start getting involved in them more. This same thing applies when moving up and too many people try to go the other way.

[ QUOTE ]
Given that I am a poker-playing Cal Poly grad who now lives near SJ, do you think I'm likely destined to find myself in Argentina in a few years?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say almost certainly. Wish I got into poker back when I went to Cal Poly.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:55 PM

How does one master stack-a-donk at SSNL? A short lesson?
Old 11-09-2007, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, this should be a very good well.

What was the first time you had problems moving to a new limit (i.e. 1/2 to 2/4, 2/4 to 3/6)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Never really had a problem moving up limits in NL except when I was first learning at $1/2 NL. I've been pretty bankroll-conservative when moving up for the most part though and made sure to table select even more than normal when moving up.

[ QUOTE ]
How many hours a week do you play and how many days off do you give yourself?

[/ QUOTE ]

I try to play 25 hours a week but it really is more like 15-20. I don't give myself set days off but just take vacations when I feel I need it or maybe just play an hour or so some days. Sometimes I play every day for 20 days straight.

[ QUOTE ]
What do you do in your time not playing poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

Learn new languages. Enjoy the outdoors. Surf/ski. Enjoy time with friends. Visit as many new places as possible. Pretty normal stuff.

[ QUOTE ]
What motivates you, other than money, to keep playing poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty sad, but just money. Of course money is just a means to enjoy the things I do, but poker is all for the money.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
explain ure title

[/ QUOTE ]

Wiki entry on Perpetual Traveler

I'm not yet a true perpetual traveler as I am still a US citizen and tax-payer. I am in the middle of working on getting a second (and eventually third citizenship) though and after that who knows what I'll do.

For now, I live my life by constantly being a tourist in the country I am in. I enjoy travel and this lifestyle is just incredible. Currently in Buenos Aires, Argentina but I will be moving to Bondi Beach, Australia in January and then Barcelona, Spain next May.

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of lodgings?

Do you have non USD savings/roll?

[/ QUOTE ]

I rent an apartment in most cities I live in. I am invested in foreign stocks as well as domestic ones. I have a European bank account in addition to several in the USA if that was the question.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:07 PM

How much time do you spend away from the tables working on your game? Reviewing PT etc? Do you have a specific way you like to review your sessions?
Old 11-09-2007, 08:08 PM

if you could go back in time a year and give yourself 1 bit of poker related advice, what would it be?
Old 11-09-2007, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you could go back in time a year and give yourself 1 bit of poker related advice, what would it be?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, that's a good question.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also make it a point to actively table select which many don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Talk about this a little more. I'm awful about table selection, I just sit down where the vpip is high and every once in a while I notice a table is toughish and get up. Moving back to msnl soon and I really need to have a plan in place for this. What exactly do you do to table select; do you use a datamined db, fish list, play at certain times?
Old 11-09-2007, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, that's a good question.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that is. Give me some time to think about it.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:20 PM

Sorry if this is standard:

CO (25/12) raises to 4BB and it is folded to you in the BB. What is your calling range, what is your 3betting range?