Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 03:25 PM

Default Re: Finished BIOSHOCK: !!Spoilers!!

[ QUOTE ]
I was royally pissed off at the ending. I harvested 2 little sisters early on after saving the first one. I saved the first figuring Tannenbaum was watching, but since I wasn't sure who was good, Atlas or Tannebaum, I harvested the next 2 before deciding to save some more. After the first "reward" for saving them, I saved the rest. Killed 2, saved the rest.

My reward? I'm a [censored] monster at the end....

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. If they're going to reward you for saving them, they should also give you the good ending. I harvested 2 only as well, one was just to see what would happen, and the other was in a desperate time, but I'm still screwed out of an ending. The "happy" ending is pretty good, all things considered. The "bad" ending just sucks.

I never understand how companies will go through years of development making an amazing playing experience and then screw the player out of a satisfying, fairly long, and suitably climactic ending.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:49 PM

Haha, it amuses me that the ending you got upset you two. You killed two of the little sisters and paid the price. Did you honestly expect it to just be forgotten?
Old 09-04-2007, 05:34 PM

Yeah I wouldn't give you the "good" ending either. I mean you killed 2 kids right.

However that doesn't mean you should get the bad ending... you rescued all the rest. There should have been a "middle" ending too.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I wouldn't give you the "good" ending either. I mean you killed 2 kids right.

However that doesn't mean you should get the bad ending... you rescued all the rest. There should have been a "middle" ending too.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, at the time I thought I killed two little frankenstein's and Tannenbaum was jerking my chain. It wasn't until the story progressed I realized it wasn't just a temporary change or that Tanny wasn't going to just rezombie them.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:46 PM

I haven't read any of this thread or played the game, I'm just excited that my download that's been going for about 4 days says it'll be done in like 7 hours. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-04-2007, 11:42 PM

I thought the game was great but I have a few issues with it. First off I wanted to see more enemies. You're basically fighting only 4 or 5 different types of enemies. Some variety would have been nice. I got lame killing thuggish slicers over and over again. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Also, I had way too much cash and items near the end. Why can I only carry around 500 in cash when there's 4 slots for numbers?

I still don't understand why Ryan wanted your character to kill him. After trying to kill you several times he just lets you whack him in the head with a golf club. Anyone have thoughts on this?
Old 09-05-2007, 04:04 AM

Regarding killing Ryan, I assumed that either he has some plasmid cooked up which allows him to transcend his body, or he just used a vita chamber to come back after you have clubbed him to death. After all, the player shares DNA with Ryan and that DNA is keyed into the vita chambers to work.

He wanted you to kill him to prove how much control Fontaine has over you with the "would you kindly" phrase.

Either way I doubt Ryan is gone for good if there is a sequel.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I had way too much cash and items near the end. Why can I only carry around 500 in cash when there's 4 slots for numbers?

[/ QUOTE ]

When i walked up to Fontaine i had maxed out health, eve, money and ammo on every single weapon and ammo of every type. When i was done with Fontaine all that had changed was 3 Health Kits, 6 RPGs and 2 Eves. I think i fired a weapon like 3 times throughout the whole game. It was all about the Wrench for me.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It was all about the Wrench for me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, same here. I didn't go quite as extreme as you but I certainly used the wrench a large amount and got tonics relating to the wrench whenever possible. It was awesome that they included this as a viable path in the game.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:04 AM

I was all machine gun and shotgun (medium difficulty).

Well, by the end I was firing off tons of things since I was maxed out on ammo for the most part.

The final battle was just annoying and I dropped to easy on it. I almost killed him 3 separate times on medium and got pissed off at having to keep starting the battle over.

One thing I didn't like about the game was too much combat. I would have liked to be able to get through the game with less. I think if I played again, I'd try to use plasmids like security target, enrage, etc, and see if you could basically play it Thief-like in that you didn't do much combat.

Wouldn't work on Ryan at the end though.