Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2007, 04:16 AM

Default 2+2 HORSE tournament

Any interest in a HORSE tourney? Was thinking this Sunday night 01/07/07. $11 buyin start time 8pm est. If anyone has a better time/date/buyin, let me know I was not going to create it untill I got some feedback. Thanks
Old 01-02-2007, 10:56 AM

Default Re: 2+2 HORSE tournament

I'll surely be there.

In an early morning irreverent but magnanimous gesture (maybe not so generous - I also hope the poker gods accept this offering and pull me out of this burn), I offer the following bounties/inducements:

Donk #1:
Andy_B
I will transfer $10 to the PS account of the player who knocks this self-avowed calling station OUT OF THE MONEY.
This is sure money. Our moderator's regular winnings at these little affairs cause one to muse at the confoundedness of variance. Poker Tracker tells me Andy is a liar.

Donk #2:
Jeffage
I will transfer $10 to the PS account of the player who knocks Jeffage OUT OF THE MONEY.
Again this should be easy money. Having revealed some of his darkest poker secrets, and now a published poker author/essayist, he has effectively made himself an open book: easy pickings. His all-round wonderful demeanor and leadership on this forum makes one doubt that he has the right stuff to play poker.

Donk #3:
Mr_TT:
I will transfer $10 to the PS account of the player who knocks Mr_TT OUT OF THE MONEY.
More easy money for everybody: Another one of those nice guys trying to help.

Donk #4:
Poker_CPA:
I will transfer $10 to the PS account of the player who knocks Poker_CPA OUT OF THE MONEY.
Geez, I'm way too generous here. He's another one of those...um...er...uh...well, anyway, he made me think.

Donk #5:
Michael_Emery
I will transfer $10 to the PS account of the player who knocks Michael_Emery OUT OF THE MONEY.
Time to come home. I suspect you need and miss us as much as we need and miss you.

I need hardly point out the following:
If all 5 of these donks show up, you can add their $55 to my $50 to make this a ++EV situation for serious players.

8-)
Old 01-02-2007, 02:56 PM

This is awesome lol, im going to have to seriously consider play this [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-02-2007, 03:45 PM

w00t bounties [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hockey starts up for me again this Sunday and I probably won't know what time our game is until Wed-Thurs, although 8pm generally is a pretty good time for most people and I should be free by then anyhow.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:17 PM

Ok I will go ahead and set up the tournament, and post the relevant details here later today. One other question. What is the feeling on inviting non 2+2er's to this event? I ask because 7csCB has posted some really nice bounties in this event.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:31 PM

I'll be there if I can get back from some christening I have during the day in time.

By the way, what is a christening; what do i bring; is there booze served?
Old 01-02-2007, 08:59 PM

I think that christenings are usually BYO. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Aren't such things usually in the morning? Isn't drinking before noon usually frowned upon? I have a friend who says that if you drink before noon, it means you're an alcoholic. We had a bachelor party for Bob back in '99 that started at 10:00 am....

Anyway, I don't see any compelling reason I can't play in this thing. Get that girly-man Emery in there so I can bust him.

This is up to you, but you might want to publicize this in other forums like O/8, other poker, the various limit hold'em forums, the zoo, etc. I don't know how big or how small you want this to be.

If I cash, I'll try not to squander everyone's money again.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:00 PM

I don't have Poker Tracker. I'm curious to know what I've been lying about. And I've won only once. I've just finished second a whole lot.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:09 PM

Are you going to cross-post this on the MTT community form as well? You will probably get a lot more players if you do.

Edit: The downside is you might get some non-serious MTTers who will play like idiots on purpose because the stakes are so low. I know this from experience [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-02-2007, 09:20 PM

Do remember that you can't call this a 2+2 event on Stars.