Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 08:06 PM

Default Re: AP thread 87.1 - waiting on the statement ITT

There obviously needs to be more transparency in the online gaming industry. These offshore privately owned companies are completely unaccountable for their actions. The lesson I have learned from this entire scandal is that this industry needs to be regulated (by someone other than a group of 5 canadian indians).
Old 10-20-2007, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a quasi-statement from AP. This is coming from a phone call, so don't quote me exactly.

--------

AP has secured notarized statements from the person who perpetrated this crime. He confessed to a number of accounts that he did this with. He was a highly trusted consultant of the company and it is very possible that he could have played from Scott's house when Scott was not there. He used 3rd party software and did this from a number of locations in the world not limited to Costa Rica.

AP also says they have proof that Oscar, Scott and Brent are not associated with this (my note: he did not mention AJ, but I didn't remember to ask him for clarification).

AP also says they would like to invite any trusted 2p2 or P5er (b/c Adam Small is in Costa Rica) to come into the office and view the details/data for OSCAR133.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that is true I would expect:
Legal and civil actions taken against this person
No odd money trails to him or any of his family from about a week ago on

The second one is hard to check up on.

In any case, I would fully expect AP to become much more transparent, since obviously they have violated the trust of everyone who played there and have done huge disservice to all the other vendors.

Additionally, did they ever answer the question of just how they conducted a thorough, good faith, week (+?) long investigation and found absolutely nothing wrong, then in the course of a few days after releasing their findings completely reverse their position? Perhaps they could release the investigation notes that lead them to their conclusions? Or admit they lied about performing the investigation, or actively tried to cover up the fraud. (Note: There really is no acceptable answer here: They either failed in their dilligence to protect their customers, are completely incompetent, or just outright fraudulent.)
Old 10-20-2007, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"They accidentally identify Scott Tom as "Tom Green" on page 1"

They fixed it quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]

anyone with the name of Green we should be looking into?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I'm not 100% sure, but I think the name "A.J. Green" has come up ~10,000 times in these threads.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
AP has secured notarized statements from the person who perpetrated this crime. He confessed to a number of accounts that he did this with.

[/ QUOTE ]
C-O-E-R-C-E-D, find out what it means to me...

[/ QUOTE ]

please please please....

he may have just been bought.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:10 PM

Highly trusted consultant this time.

Hey... its an upgrade at least from "lol its not happening and never could" to "chips were dumped but in no way were we compromised" to "rogue geek took a joke too far to prove a point" to... "hey we gots an important consultant now".

It's possible I'm going to have a hearty lol when this statment comes out.

Are they going to blame security? risk management? a baller buddy of scott tom? who knows. stay tuned imo.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a quasi-statement from AP. This is coming from a phone call, so don't quote me exactly.

--------

AP has secured notarized statements from the person who perpetrated this crime. He confessed to a number of accounts that he did this with. He was a highly trusted consultant of the company and it is very possible that he could have played from Scott's house when Scott was not there. He used 3rd party software and did this from a number of locations in the world not limited to Costa Rica.

AP also says they have proof that Oscar, Scott and Brent are not associated with this (my note: he did not mention AJ, but I didn't remember to ask him for clarification).

AP also says they would like to invite any trusted 2p2 or P5er (b/c Adam Small is in Costa Rica) to come into the office and view the details/data for OSCAR133.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe they want us to see the OSCAR a/c as this guy is an innocent. That would work for them. But are they going to provide details on the other suspicious accounts?

Also, I have alot of trusted friends and employees but they do not have the keys to my house. Scott had an open door policy at his house for Absolute employees(even the "geeks")? hmmmm. More weird stuff.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:11 PM

apefish,

some of this, at least, can easily be doublechecked through information and sources we have kept back. for example, I think it will be far easier than you think to verify/disprove a Scott Tom alibi.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:12 PM

I dont understand. If Scott Tom was truly innocent, how would he have not went on every forum/website and gotten his name cleared? I know thats the first thing I would do if someone accused me of cheating and I was actually innocent.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

--------

[/ QUOTE ]

How do they explain that he did this with 6 accounts, two of which (STEAMROLLER, POTRIPPER) were directly registered to "former" AP CEOs?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm skeptical. This all still wreaks of a payoff to a fallguy.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:13 PM

So as of right now AP's story is that a "consultant" of AP's was flying around the world (including Scott Tom's house) while using multiple people's accounts and hacking the AP system.

For this to be true:

1) The "consultant" has to be close enough to Absolute Poker to have the keys to Scott Tom's house.
2) He has to have enough money to easily get back and forth from Costa Rica/Miami/other places in a relatively short period of time.
3) By labeling him a consultant they are conveniently distancing the cheater from Absolute poker.
4) This cheater has given them a signed confession in less that 48 hours, presumably without legal representation since legal counsel would almost assuredly take longer to pore over all of this evidence before allowing a statement like this.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong; but wasn't User 343's IP address different than POTRIPPER's? What legal action is going to be taken against this mystery man? Assuming they know where he is (they have a notarized statement) why haven't they turned over this evidence to authorities.

I'll reserve the right to change my mind; but right now this looks like a fall guy.
Closed Thread