Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2007, 11:42 PM

Default Re: Your all time favourite WWE/Pro Wrestling moment

He's semi-retired, decided to just relax and tour with Fozzy. He's said a few times he'll come back in a while, he's just recharging.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What's Jericho up to right now? He hurt or something? I haven't been following that closely.

[/ QUOTE ]

He retired. From what I've heard he was really smart with the money he made and didn't blow it like alot of other's did so he's basically set financially. He seems to focused mainly on his band these days.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Here is one of my favs!

Jericho's debut on Raw

[/ QUOTE ]

I've watched that probably a dozen times in my life and I get goosebumps everytime the Titantrom says JERICHO.

What's Jericho up to right now? He hurt or something? I haven't been following that closely.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chris Jericho is taking a break from wrestling to pursue other interests, like Trish and Lita etc. Jericho has his band Fozzy (which surprising is not too bad). They've put out a few CDs. One of his tracks "Enemy" was used as theme music for one of TNA's PPV. This led to speculation that he might join up with TNA, however there is about 0% chance this is happening. Jericho said never say never but he's pretty much about done with wrestling right now and he had saved his money. If he ever does return to pro wrestling though he would have to give the WWE a "courtesy" call first for everything they have done for him.
We are seeing more and more wrestlers leaving the business today at their prime because they are making more money now and are making smarter decisions than their peers. They can afford to walk away from the grueling travel schedule and the bumps they have to take. This trend will likely continue. The days that we see guys like AJ Styles still taking bumps at age 50 ala Rick Flair is pretty much over.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:33 AM

Wrestlemania 3 when Ricky Steamboat finally beats Savage for the IC title. The buildup to the match was great with Savage trying to break Steamboat's neck on the rialing outside the ring and using the bell months before the match. Then you had the whole angle with George Steele and Elizabeth going on with the animal in Steamboat's corner.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Here is one of my favs!

Jericho's debut on Raw

[/ QUOTE ]

I've watched that probably a dozen times a month

[/ QUOTE ]

The atmosphere/intensity for the Rock/Austin match at WM17 was one of the best. Also after a brief hiatus The Ultimate Warrior returning at WM8 to save Hogan from Papa Shango and Sid Vicious was awesome. Perry Saturn in ECW a couple days after breaking his leg, jumping from the top rope to beat the Dudleys in what was mostly a handicap match, for his partner, Kronus.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:16 PM

Soooo many great moments, top 3 would probably be....

1. Shawn Michaels throwing Marty through the glass window of the barber shop
2. Hogan v. Warrior WM 6, I was a huge Hogan mark an absolutley hated Warrior so this was huge for me.
3. Michaels v. Bret Hart at WM 12, HBK being my favorite wrestler ever this was pretty big.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The atmosphere/intensity for the Rock/Austin match at WM17 was one of the best. Also after a brief hiatus The Ultimate Warrior returning at WM8 to save Hogan from Papa Shango and Sid Vicious was awesome. Perry Saturn in ECW a couple days after breaking his leg, jumping from the top rope to beat the Dudleys in what was mostly a handicap match, for his partner, Kronus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those are some good ones. The Austin-Rock WM 17 match was awesome(with the exception of the McMachon interference) and probably their best. The two most popular wrestlers of their era both at their abosulute peak. The only thing that takes away from this slightly is I think it would have been so much better if they hadn't fought at WM15. I don't think the WWF had any idea how big the Rock was gonna get or they would've have saved this match. I know they fueded over the IC title earlier in their careers but that doesn't really count as neither was a big time star yet. Imagine how much more epic the match would have been if they hadn't fought in the main event of WM 2 years earlier and this was basically their first meeting as "big time stars".

The Saturn top rope jump was sick. I remember watching that back in the day and being totally blown away. Saturn was pretty crazy in those days. Right around that time I remember him doing an elbow drop off the scallfolding 20 feet above the ring onto someone.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Saturn top rope jump was sick. I remember watching that back in the day and being totally blown away. Saturn was pretty crazy in those days. Right around that time I remember him doing an elbow drop off the scallfolding 20 feet above the ring onto someone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I loved Saturn. I loved the Radicalz. If Eddie didn't get hurt so quickly to ruin it, I think they would have had a nice run as a 4 Horseman like team.

The Radicalz debut

PS, I also miss Steve Blackman. Too bad he had zero charisma.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:43 PM

Speaking of Austin and Rock. When you guys were watching wrestling back then with all the monday night wars and seeing the rise of Austin and Rock, did any of you get the feeling that you were watching something REALLY special?
I remember watching wrestling back then and thinking to myself, stars like Austin and Rock can only happen once in a century and now we have them both on our TV at the prime of their careers at the same time! I knew what I was watching was something very historic and may never happen again. All the great monday night wars stuff with Nitro and WWE putting out real compelling television. So during that time I had taped every single raw and smackdown for those 3 or 4 years and saved them on CDs. SADLY, when I moved I ended up tossing out all kinds of junk that I'd been saving and among them were these CDs. Now I'm just kicking myself. One day when I'm old and grey I would just love to pull out these tapes again and relive the monday night wars and the rise of Austin and the Rock. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I just don't think we'll ever have a time period or stars like that ever again.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

PS, I also miss Steve Blackman. Too bad he had zero charisma.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. For some reason I was always a fan of this guy. He had a nice little run as hardcore champion and a good feud with Shane McMachon but otherwise he never really made it.