Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2007, 02:05 AM

Default 1/2 6m, tens in trouble

hi guys, this one's from the current session review.
villain is bad, 52/8/1 over 300.
thus, on the one hand i don't want to fold.
however, on the other hand maybe i should.
advice?

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB
Old 04-19-2007, 02:47 AM

Default Re: 1/2 6m, tens in trouble

looks like no one want to take this hand ...

I give it a thought ...

--&gt; this guy looks like he's full off [censored] off-and-on ... and probably over plays a number of hand ...

I think the biggest spot in the hand is on the flop ... after the bet/3bet - it's hard to really say if he has an 8 because you can't really apply any logic to these guys (why would he lead out into an aggressive player who will be betting like 100% here ... but these guys don't really think much)

on the hand he probably has a smaller pair more pften than an 8 - and probably has AK mixed in a fair amount (AK is always the nuts!)

so after he 3bets hero on the flop we are getting 7.5 : 3 on a call down ... personally, this doesn't look too bad ... though on the river I really don't like that he bets the ace
Old 04-19-2007, 02:57 AM

c/f the turn, you are not seeing any lower pockets than yours after a flop 3bet by someone with an AF of 1. Yea he could be overplaying the 3 here, but after firing into the Q you are pretty much done.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:20 AM

I think you played the hand perfectly. Villain could have and 8, but this guy will be willing to do this with lower PP's or a 3 a lot.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:13 AM

Wouldn't it be ok to at least fold the river here?