Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2007, 12:44 AM

Default Help me find some leaks please

Not sure if this is permitted or not, but I was wondering if you guys could take a look at my stats after switching over from NL. Here are a few screenshots any thoughts are much appreciated as i'm still feeling my way about in LHE.

Old 11-17-2007, 12:47 AM

Default Re: Help me find some leaks please

Too few hands. 19/8 is tighter than I've ever managed to play but isn't out of whack. Everything else is too small for me to read.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:48 AM

As in too small of a sample size or images too small?
Old 11-17-2007, 12:59 AM

Oh have no doubt that the sample size is way, wayyyy too small for the big questions, triple it first. But yes, pictures too small on me wee laptop.

An easy way to cherry pick is to look at the biggest losing hands and see if you know why you lost so much money on them. Also, isn't the session review signup thread going?
Old 11-17-2007, 04:49 PM

I realize that the sample size is quite small, but I still want to know if i'm on the right track and not developing any bad habits. Would resizing and reposting images help?
Old 11-17-2007, 04:59 PM

The Micros FAQ recommends that you play at least 10K hands before making a stats post. So, what you've posted may not be reliable.

That said...

1. I tend to have a tighter preflop VPIP, but if you're comfortable playing hands in your range, by all means continue! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

2. Defend your BB more. Folding 79% of the time is respecting a lot of blind thieves! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] This isn't a huge leak, though, and blind defense is a lot less necessary in full ring than in 6max (or so I'm told [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]).

3. Your attempt to steal looks pretty good. Maybe get it a little bit higher (but not much!)

On the whole, everything's looking pretty solid based on the stats, in my opinion. Now post some specific hands! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2007, 05:25 PM

thanks for the response,

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]The blind defense issue has worried me some, but i have trouble distinguishing what's worth a call in the blinds as opposed to a straight cold call in mp or on the button.

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]I'm also a little concerned that i'm not playing as positionally aware. Is this as important as i'm making it out to be? I think my vp$ip is a bit too high in EP and a little low in LP.

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]I also think my AF is a bit low and i'm having trouble figuring out how to bump it up.

Any thoughts on any of these issues? Thanks in advance.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:35 PM

Hmm, didn't even notice your total AF. How do you end up with 2+ flop AF, 2+ turn AF, ~2 river AF, but only 1.36 total AF? I'm confused. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Your flop/turn/river AF is right where it should be, by the way. The total AF just confuses me.

Re: Positional awareness: If you're basing this on the stats you posted, you shouldn't be. You only have a few hundred hands in each position, and these stats fall so far in the range of chance error that you shouldn't read much into them. If you're basing this on your actual play (e.g., for whatever reason, you play the same hands UTG that you play OTB), then, yes, you should fix that. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Blind defense: I'd search the forum for some threads on it...
Old 11-17-2007, 05:40 PM

I think it comes from the PF AF being so low. Is this normal?
Old 11-17-2007, 05:43 PM

The only thing that I can really see is that your winrate is 5bb/100 over 6k hands. If you think you need to plug leaks, you're going to have to give us something other than stats.

I strongly suspect that this is a thinly-veiled brag post (or possibly and unknowing brag post?).