Default Re: **Official NES Greatest Game of All-Time** Final Four

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
HAY GUYZ!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

[eyes tearing] I love this game [/tear]

[/ QUOTE ]
I played this game on Sunday to mentally prepare myself for the slate of NFL games. I chose to be TB, for the challenge.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played this last night for the first time in YEARS. At the opening kickoff I was like...OMG I'm gonna get smashed. Ended up winning 56-10. Was the game ALWAYS that easy??
Old 11-27-2007, 03:24 PM

The nose tackles could get like 6 sacks a game.

I liked playing with DET but using back-up Andre Ware as QB. He's good at running to move the chains when nothing is open downfield. Which is like 5% of the time.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
smb3 is gonna beat zelda in the finals

[/ QUOTE ]

I think so too, but am not sure how I feel about it or how I'm going to vote. Zelda is one of my favorite games of all time, after Zelda II (I lost a lot of you now probably) but SMB3 was a very, very good game. SMB3 is STILL a lot of fun. That may very well be because of nostalgic feelings, but still. Then again, the NES zeldas are still a lot of fun too.

Also, Zelda's gold cartridge and save system were simply awesome.

I think as a game SMB3 has less flaws than Zelda. Zelda might have been a bit too hard (although I don't really remember it being very hard, can't remember how I knew the supersword was at the graveyard or the code to walk through the maze to get there). They didn't give you any clues as to where stuff was, you just had to burn and bomb everything down.

All-in-all, SMB3 is probably taking this down, and rightly so.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:48 PM

This was terrible. I haven't been to OOT in a long time since the "*" debacle, but now that I'm back, there needs to be a reckoning. Where the hell is "Crystalis" on this list? One of the greatest games ever made. How the [censored] [censored] is Kid Icarus a 7 seed? [censored], I played that game like 2 years ago and was still enjoying it. Brought back many memories. Rad Racer????????????????????? How the hell is Rad Racer not on this list. Eeeek. Disgusting. How the hell is Duck Hunt not on this list? Did you just completely ignore 1st person guns games altogether? That blows. And you are totally missing some other stuff, I bet, but I'm glad that Duck Tales was properly seeded at least [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Barry
Old 11-27-2007, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How the hell is Duck Hunt not on this list?
Barry

[/ QUOTE ]

Duck Hunt was on the list, you Jackyl.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:09 PM

Is there going to be a SNES thread...I think we could get more variance in that one because I knew SMB3 was a lock for 1st and Zelda, Tyson, and TB would crush the other competition on the way. Not a lot of games that people still talk about with as much passion as those. But with SNES...Super Metroid, Chrono Trigger, FF6, Mario Kart, Mario World 1/2, Link to the Past, Super Mario RPG (which I personally would vote for over anything)...tons of others so would be interesting to see the debates over them. Kind of a tough list to make too lol.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wait are random people coming in here and voting zelda, not realizing its the nes version?

[/ QUOTE ]

The original is far better than any of the later versions... for its time.

[/ QUOTE ]
I dunno...Link to The Past is kind of like SMB3. Expended on the original, had a similar feel but was different enough to stay fresh and was pretty much perfect in every way. Then there's Ocarina...so much to say about that. For their time, LTTP and OOT were perfect, and they still hold up today. If you played LTTP then play the original immediately after which is what I did...doesn't seem like the original holds a candle to it. But tough argument either way.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:23 PM

F-Zero & Super Mario World were awesome.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:00 PM

damnit, this is reminding me back when i had no worries and would chill playing NES all day...
Old 11-27-2007, 05:26 PM

Your post reminds me of what I'm going to do tonight. Play F-Zero. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2007, 09:14 PM

For those of yen's whose testicles hadn't dropped yet, can I point out the innovation of Zelda? I loved and may have played more contra because of the multi player aspect, however, it is no competition as to which is the better game. Zelda.

1)Saving. We're talking about the ability to store data from session to session, something that was a pain in the butt even on my 286 computer. Now it was availible in a solid state cartridge.

2)Hidden zones. Level five? Lost hills. That was pretty original. Bombs to find hidden areas. I mean seriously the complexity of some of those dungeons was excellent.

3)Boss tactics. Yes other games had boss patterns to beat, but Gannon's fight was an original in my opinion.

4)Non linear gameplay. You could skip around dungeons, even going so far as to get some items way before their intended time.

I really love contra, but guys, come on.