Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 06:12 PM

Default Re: spot

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
well, best case scenario would be BB has overcards or a pair below QQ. Sb almost always has QQ beat here. The question is would he fold to a bet on the turn? That would be the only reason I would bet.

If you guys were the SB and held KK or AA would you fold to a turn bet? Would you have bet the turn in the first place?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody is folding AA or KK against an UTG raise on this board. Don't be ridiculous. His range includes very few hands that have sets or straights. Recall, UTG raised pre and capped a SB 3 bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

so, are you checking the turn and then folding the river? were you gonna fold a turn blank after calling the flop?
Old 11-21-2007, 06:24 PM

Who is this question for?
Old 11-21-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who is this question for?

[/ QUOTE ]

surfdoc.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
well, best case scenario would be BB has overcards or a pair below QQ. Sb almost always has QQ beat here. The question is would he fold to a bet on the turn? That would be the only reason I would bet.

If you guys were the SB and held KK or AA would you fold to a turn bet? Would you have bet the turn in the first place?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody is folding AA or KK against an UTG raise on this board. Don't be ridiculous. His range includes very few hands that have sets or straights. Recall, UTG raised pre and capped a SB 3 bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK! recall, everybody at this table is pretty unknown to each other, I know plenty of players who would cap UTG with hands that make a straight here and YES I have seen people fold there Big pairs to a bet here face up.

Stop analyzing hands as if everybody plays the way they should. Don't be ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

This thread is getting confusing since the action is being looked at from multiple sides. Yes, some people will fold overpairs on scary boards. However, in general, the games Bob is talking about are 10/20 and higher. These guys tend to have at least basic hand reading skills. Sure the capper CAN be on a variation play and have capped 77. If that's the case he will just get paid off. The point is that trying to get someone to fold AA or KK in big pots playing limit hold em is not the key to getting rich. SBs check in this hand is defensive. He isn't going to c/f AA.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so, are you checking the turn and then folding the river? were you gonna fold a turn blank after calling the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I playing the hand from your buddy's perspective?
Old 11-21-2007, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I playing the hand from your buddy's perspective?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:56 PM

"The point is that trying to get someone to fold AA or KK in big pots playing limit hold em is not the key to getting rich. SBs check in this hand is defensive. He isn't going to c/f AA."

well said. the concept of reading defensive checks is an important one.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:09 PM

Hero bets and folds to a call. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2007, 11:15 PM

What is buddy's image and/or stats. I would bet this turn.
Old 11-22-2007, 02:54 AM

i dislike betting the turn with the intention of only putting one more bet in. if thats the case then checing turn and calling or betting river is better bc you realize your full equity if you hit a set.

ya i know its small, but i just dont see the point of betting the turn.