Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2007, 10:43 AM

Default Re: If You Were EVER Going to Bet Harness Racing

I do agree that racing can be fixed from time to time, but the people that think it is fixed all the time are the same ones that say Full Tilt plays with the deck, and call Poker Stars.. River Stars.

The truth is, that at many harness tracks, there is no longer a need to fix races by holding horses back, etc. Slot money has made such a difference at many of the tracks that the purses are worth more than they could make in any bets, therefore if anything, drivers are trying harder to make the money. At Rinky Dinky Downs where the purses are still small, the pools are not big enough that a driver can bet a grand to win on a horse, hold back on him and then expect not to be investigated.

I am not naive, I have been betting harness for 15+ years, I know it still happens, but I would say the new form of "race fixing" is the kinda that enhances performance and that issue is as concerning for flats and dogs as it is for harness racing. The "Milk shakes" can work wonders...
Old 08-16-2007, 12:55 AM

Default Re: If You Were EVER Going to Bet Harness Racing

[ QUOTE ]
I do agree that racing can be fixed from time to time, but the people that think it is fixed all the time are the same ones that say Full Tilt plays with the deck, and call Poker Stars.. River Stars.

The truth is, that at many harness tracks, there is no longer a need to fix races by holding horses back, etc. Slot money has made such a difference at many of the tracks that the purses are worth more than they could make in any bets, therefore if anything, drivers are trying harder to make the money. At Rinky Dinky Downs where the purses are still small, the pools are not big enough that a driver can bet a grand to win on a horse, hold back on him and then expect not to be investigated.

I am not naive, I have been betting harness for 15+ years, I know it still happens, but I would say the new form of "race fixing" is the kinda that enhances performance and that issue is as concerning for flats and dogs as it is for harness racing. The "Milk shakes" can work wonders...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it's nice to know that they will no longer be [censored] me out of my money.. What about the thousands they have already screwed me out of??