Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 03:53 PM

Default Re: Mark Seif responds 1/11/07. Most amusing!

mystery solved!

NOW i believe it all! Thanks for clearing everything up!

Maybe its just me and my strange behavior...

but i leave the sinking ship before its completely underwater... some passengers on the titanic hung around to see if it was really sinking or not too... horrible call on the river

no i dont think its reasonable to wait and see what happens (check)

we know what happened. your bosses stole from its customers, period. the hows and whys are irrelevant. if you are truly disgusted by what was done by the heads of the company your face and reputation are attached to, you should of left a long time ago.

Facts that are not disputable:
People near the head of the company stole money from valued customers
Accusations were made
Deny Deny Deny
Evidence surfaced of the theft
Deny Deny Deny
Knowledge of said evidence started to spread
Admit of a theft, but invent a story that doesnt incriminate the real perpetrator
Apologize apologize apologize
Promise to fix it all
More evidence surfaces
Change story
Silence silence silence

as far as the hand history thing goes...it follows a similar pattern as above

accusations are made
ignore ignore ignore
accusations are brought up again nearly 2 years later
deny deny deny
no evidence, you'll get it for us
promise promise promise
story change, HH not available (with really bad reasoning)
apologize apologize apologize
missing HH story torn to shreds by sheer logic
evidence supposedly about to surface
change story, HHs might now be available

im not even really convinced that Seif cheated (what do i know, i just know what ive read)... but his words and actions sure arent helping his case in the least
Old 11-01-2007, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How can anyone trust their third party audit? Especially after this guy who has a history of deception is endorsing them. Also Mason offered to send a party of legitimate auditors at his expense and they rejected I believe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm.... no. Mason wouldn't pay for Absolute's audit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for clearing this up. Mason did offer to send an auditor though and was rejected correct?

[/ QUOTE ]
Mason offered to send some people affiliated with 2+2. For unknown reasons, a deal to send those people couldn't be met.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:56 PM

On a side note, I really find it disturbing that since the scandal came out, there is absolutely no drop in active players on Absolute according to pokersitescout. It kinda indicates that the vast majority doesn't care which is kinda dangerous.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cliff notes: Dan Druff is about to be sued.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha gl wit that seifdonk
Old 11-01-2007, 03:57 PM

this guy really likes the taste of his foot
Old 11-01-2007, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How can anyone trust their third party audit? Especially after this guy who has a history of deception is endorsing them. Also Mason offered to send a party of legitimate auditors at his expense and they rejected I believe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm.... no. Mason wouldn't pay for Absolute's audit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for clearing this up. Mason did offer to send an auditor though and was rejected correct?

[/ QUOTE ]
Mason offered to send some people affiliated with 2+2. For unknown reasons, a deal to send those people couldn't be met.

[/ QUOTE ]

Geee....wonder why....quite the mystery really
Old 11-01-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just look at a fairly recent and very similar matter in the news the Duke Lacrosse rape scandal. Everyone thought they were guilty because charges were leveled against them. It turns out they were not guilty. It took many many months before there was even the slightest hint that they might be telling the truth, that they didn’t do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If there was ever any doubt, Mark Seif is a complete and utter idiot. I'd love to see how he did on his SAT analogies section.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:59 PM

it is very easy to comment on the article through the link. I suggest everyone take a few moments to leave their 2 cents.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From http://www.bluffmagazine.com/blog/bl...0&bcatid=4

11/1/2007 12:33:52 PM EST
My Mood: Chillin...
quick blog to clear some things up...
This will be a quick blog today, as I have a very packed schedule with quite a few meetings. I think it’s important though, to again, clear up some confusion. Specifically, I want to address two points that have legitimately been raised. One, why haven’t I severed all ties with Absolute Poker? Two, why do I feel Todd Witteles has acted improperly? This second question, I have to be brief about for reasons that will be obvious down the road. Also, I want to make a brief point about the hand histories from my February 15, 2006 session that has been called into question.

I have not severed all ties with AP, despite numerous requests for me to do so, for one main reason. The investigation is not complete. There is still a tremendous amount of information to be learned about what happened. Such as, how it happened, when did it start, how long did it last, who was involved, who knew about it, and how pervasive was it? As I write this, there are third party independent auditors travelling to AP’s world-wide offices looking into the Company’s practices, procedures, databases and systems. They are accumulating tons of data about every aspect of AP’s operation. Doesn’t it seem reasonable to wait until the investigation is complete before I make this decision?

Would it not be hypocritical of me to ask the public to wait until all the evidence is in regarding my own involvement before forming an opinion, but at the same time, quickly conclude that AP is guilty of such egregious conduct that I must sever all ties with the Company before the investigation is complete? Wouldn’t I be doing the same thing that some are doing to me? That is, unfairly jumping to conclusions without all the facts?

For clarity’s sake, I will go on the record again regarding my involvement. I never engaged in this malfeasance in any way, shape or form, nor did I know about it, nor did I benefit from it in anyway. Yet some people SWEAR I was in on it. They are 100% wrong! The evidence and the truth will eventually come out. But, it takes time.

Just look at a fairly recent and very similar matter in the news the Duke Lacrosse rape scandal. Everyone thought they were guilty because charges were leveled against them. It turns out they were not guilty. It took many many months before there was even the slightest hint that they might be telling the truth, that they didn’t do it.

Second point. Witteles has made several false claims and he continues to do so. I’ll talk a little about this and after that, I’m pretty much going to refrain from talking about him. He clearly enjoys the spotlight much more than I do and he has opportunistically used this situation to try to elevate his standing in poker. In the end, when all the evidence comes out, I think, people will have a very different view of him and his role in this matter.

He says I owe him an apology because AP has admitted there has been a security breach; therefore he must not have been lying or exaggerating. Does that make any sense at all? What about the statements he made about me personally? What about the statements he made about the February 15, 2006 session?

I believe very strongly that he has knowingly and intentionally or with reckless disregard for the truth (which are not elements of the offense by the way) made at least one statement that makes a false claim, expressly stated or implied to be factual, that may harm the reputation of an individual, business, product, group, government or nation. That’s all I can say about it for now.

One last thing, my hand histories from the Feb 16, 2006 session. I have been told that it is likely that Absolute Poker does have those hand histories along with all other real money hands ever played on the site. They apparently are on tape and will be retrievable. I hope this is true. I really really hope so. I think the person who told me they don’t have them may have been mistaken. I really don’t know at this point. I’m just telling you what I have been told by two different sources, obviously in direct conflict with one another.

When I agreed to show my hole cards I had never requested them from AP at that point and was shocked, as everyone else was, to learn they weren’t available. That is the truth! That’s why I am cautiously optimistic that the earlier statement that they are not available, may be incorrect.

One last point about these HHs. I have agreed to expose my hole cards because of 15-20 minute session, if I recall correctly, where my opponent (through his “friend”) wonders if I could see hole cards because I ran so hot/made all the right plays. Imagine how many times that happens every single day in poker. Tens of thousands? I think that would be conservative. So every time a site’s pro has that kind of session, we should all demand to see his hole cards right? I know there is a difference here in that impropriety has taken place at AP, and for that reason, I have agreed to turn up my hole cards.

I am just trying to illustrate a point. My opponent and his friend’s claim will be proven false when and if the HHs are retrieved. I am certain of that because I know I did nothing wrong. But just think for a moment, if you were me how you would feel about such a serious accusation because you ran hot for 15-20 minutes?

-- Mark A. Seif

[/ QUOTE ]

this is why i basically believe mark seif, and don't believe the icfishies guy.

besides, the icfishies guy retractred his statement. actually it was his friend who retracted it.

mark seif should not be hung out to dry and have his reputation dragged thru the mud because of slime ball AJ Green.

AJ Green needs to be imprisoned in Costa Rica for his crimes against us poker players not Mark Seif
Old 11-01-2007, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On a side note, I really find it disturbing that since the scandal came out, there is absolutely no drop in active players on Absolute according to pokersitescout. It kinda indicates that the vast majority doesn't care which is kinda dangerous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the accepted theory that a site wouldn't cheat like this because it would destroy them has been invalidated.

It appears that the only way a site is shunned by it's players is when they stop paying cash outs, which has happened a few times over the years. I have witnessed that after several months of not receiving cash outs, the player base begins to leave the site.

Lesson learned is cheating by top insiders is OK. Not paying out is NOT OK.

AP is paying out quicker than ever so I guess they are OK to it's player base.

Well done AP, you've set a precedent.