Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2007, 05:21 AM

Default Re: WSOP Moving to Caesars

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You better tell that Group that Appolo Capital and Texas Pacific are in line first, they are awaiting regulatory approval in some markets (I recalled that they already received approval in Vegas but i cannot find any links), the investors have already approved the deal - its one of the largest leveraged buyout deals in history.

[/ QUOTE ]
Uhhh ok. I'm talking about them buying WSOP, not Harrah's. Like Admo said, he's willing to bet Harrah's doesn't own WSOP next year. The group I'm talking about has the money to buy WSOP but not Harrah's.

Also thanks for fixing my rumor with news that is 7 months old that doesn't even apply to what I'm talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

What part of Jack Binion's interested in owning the WSOP don't you understand? Jack Binion is a partner with Texas Pacific, do you really think he is going to let it go lightly?

Odd little fact I just discovered, TPG acquired MGM in 2005. Kerkorian used to own MGM (he bought and sold it a few times, hence why he built MGM Grand). Very small world.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:52 AM

I don't doubt what you are saying and honestly I'm skeptical (as I first said) that this group would actually buy it but they do have the money. Just thought your replies were a little brash, since what I said isn't a rumor just a plan and I'm sure they're well aware of the Harrah's acquisition and Binion's interest in WSOP.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I heard the WSOP was being sold.

Very credible source who happens to be involved with the group buying it. I was kind of skeptical but some of the people are very high profile and they definitely have the money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone posted how the Rio is enjoying its best month of the year. If they have designs on dismantling Harrah's and selling it, this would be a good time to entertain offers.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You better tell that Group that Appolo Capital and Texas Pacific are in line first, they are awaiting regulatory approval in some markets (I recalled that they already received approval in Vegas but i cannot find any links), the investors have already approved the deal - its one of the largest leveraged buyout deals in history.

[/ QUOTE ]
Uhhh ok. I'm talking about them buying WSOP, not Harrah's. Like Admo said, he's willing to bet Harrah's doesn't own WSOP next year. The group I'm talking about has the money to buy WSOP but not Harrah's.

Also thanks for fixing my rumor with news that is 7 months old that doesn't even apply to what I'm talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

What part of Jack Binion's interested in owning the WSOP don't you understand? Jack Binion is a partner with Texas Pacific, do you really think he is going to let it go lightly?

Odd little fact I just discovered, TPG acquired MGM in 2005. Kerkorian used to own MGM (he bought and sold it a few times, hence why he built MGM Grand). Very small world.

[/ QUOTE ]

BRO - WAKE UP!!!!!!!!

TPG owns MGM MOVIE COMPANY - NOT MGM-MIRAGE.

MGM Mirage is owned by the public (including me) and 60% of the stock is owned by the Tracinda Corp., who general partner is Kirk Kerkorian.

Wow - that's bad TT.

As to the HET buyout, they could choose to keep WSOP status quo, if they like the bottom line revenue.

Moving WSOP to Caesar's Palace would be a complete disaster to that property. Small revenue, big headaches.

I could see a million dollar baccarat player getting cut in front of by Sam Grizzle!!!! Sweet.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I heard that next year the WSOP will only allow people between the heights of 5'5" and 5'7" to play. How will this change the dynamic of the field?

[/ QUOTE ]

It will definitely shorten it.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Jack Binion will buy the Rio and the WSOP assets. This is of course the rumor that everyone is most excited about, especially poker players. But truth be known, now that the WSOP is so huge I don't know if Jack would run it any better than Harrah's, so even if this rumor becomes fact we all might be in the exact same position next year at the 08 series.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that the biggest potential money maker for whoever owns the WSOP brand is the internet poker room potential.

I wonder if the private equity firms have a handle on those potential revenues, and what the present value of it is? I kinda doubt since there are a lot of "ifs", but I think the value is there......

[/ QUOTE ]

GG Binion's selling it for $20mm or whatever. Worst trade I've seen in years. Right up there with TWX stock for AOL at the peak.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:57 PM

Nah. Novell buying WordPerfect for 2 billion and a few years later selling it to Corel for 100 million. That was the worst deal I've ever heard of.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I heard that next year the WSOP will only allow people between the heights of 5'5" and 5'7" to play. How will this change the dynamic of the field?

[/ QUOTE ]

No Hellmuth, Matusow, Dannenman, Cunningham, Raymer, Mizrachi...

Negreanu has a shot!
Old 06-28-2007, 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It will definitely shorten it.

[/ QUOTE ]

GROAN!
Old 06-28-2007, 03:16 AM

Sands isn't being bought out... Cite your source.

[ QUOTE ]
Of course the private equity firms are taking the Internet into account. The Sands is also being bought out.

[/ QUOTE ]