Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 02:16 AM

Default Re: Leggo Poker avatars

if i remember correctly, evan had a logo, with possibly a web address in his avatar for awhile to his golf website.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if i remember correctly, evan had a logo, with possibly a web address in his avatar for awhile to his golf website.

[/ QUOTE ]

golf is not a competitor of 2+2 sponsors
Old 11-12-2007, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

More significantly, we allowed the DeucesCracked guys to keep their avatars. I guess they're now advertisers here w/ their own forums, but they had the logo avatars before then.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:46 PM

In between the LP example and Evan's example (First Tee Direct, it's burned into my mind! Nice job, Evan) is poster stevea. I see it's been a couple of weeks since he last posted, but I read Home Poker fairly regularly and a very high percentage of his posts link to his (apparently for profit) site. Including pimping new chips that he got in and linking to them, etc.

There does seem to be some useful stuff on his site like tournament blind structures, etc., but the point of a vast majority of his posts is to drive traffic there. But since Home Poker seems virtually modless it has gone unchecked and perhaps unnoticed. And maybe it doesn't bother anyone but me either, and maybe it isn't a thread to 2+2 revenue, but I find it a bit much.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:14 PM

I agree, if I was the mod making the decision I would have removed stevea's avatar because it makes direct reference to the brand. DeucesCracked CardRunners and Leggo have their logos, but you must already know their brand to know what these people represent, I feel thats fair game - there is no a "call to action" (a marketing term) as we find in Stevea's avatar.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:06 PM

i banned him. almost all his posts are designed to promote his site and they link there.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:20 PM

I used to read HP fairly frequently. I never really thought of it. Also too, if you want to add a new mod, Lottery Larry keeps that forum from being a total waste.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I used to read HP fairly frequently. I never really thought of it. Also too, if you want to add a new mod, Lottery Larry keeps that forum from being a total waste.

[/ QUOTE ]

AJ mods that forum, we PM from time to time because there are a lot of shared home poker and B&M concerns. I wasn't aware that he isn't around.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:14 PM

There was a thread some time back in ATF, something like "No Home Poker Mod?", and AJFenix took the better part of two weeks to show up in it. I'm not dissing him, I mean GOD FORBID someone have a life away from 2+2, but the impression given was that it was a rudderless forum.

Also, agreed on Lottery Larry; he's probably far and away that forum's best contributor, which is why I hunted him down to give him that undertitle. If the idea is to have someone mod that forum that's around regularly (assuming AJ isn't actually around and just lurking, in which case sorry for the misunderstanding and me getting all up in your business), he'd be a great choice.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i banned him. almost all his posts are designed to promote his site and they link there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mat, I didn't remember his linkage to be that egregious, but I didn't pay that much attention to them when I was one of the great unwashed.

Since I now DO have to pay more attention, I thought I'd ask more about this ban. Did he refuse to make any changes, or was this a judgement based on his posts?

He did link to his site frequently, but when I surveyed his last few months of posts, he didn't make a huge number of references to his site as a pimped-for service.

Also, I wasn't aware that he'd added a "premium" hosting service for a fee. He'd always promoted it as a free resource for home poker players to utilize.

I took a quick gander and the main page seemed to promote the free services, rather than pushing the premium poker league services. I didn't dig into it too deeply yet.

Did I miss something? stevea wasn't a bad poster imo, and did contribute to Home Poker on a semi-regular basis. I'd like to know more about this, if possible, to get a handle on the reasoning (for my edification and future standards-setting).