Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Moving the challenge to start at 8:30 PM EST... what do you think?
No, leave it where it is, at 7:30 PM 15 37.50%
Yes, 8:30 pm is OK / Better for me 25 62.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-22-2007, 02:40 PM

Default Re: About Birthdays

[ QUOTE ]
LOL @ you early twentysomethings with no kids trying to tell some chick with a teenager how she should raise her child. God forbid she should make her kid feel special the one time she turns fifteen, even if it's some sort of tradition. Make her eat a cake made of sand and mud, that'll teach her that she's nothing special.

[/ QUOTE ]

ummmm maybe you missed the part about the "Sweet 13" and the impending "Sweet 16" in addition to this.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:21 PM

I think after 25 or so birthdays become pretty much meaningless.

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-22-2007, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
todays my birthday. I'm watching simpsons DVDs eating breakfast sausage and drinking beer. I'm also on 2p2 for the third time in a year. woo hoo

ps- anyone who thinks its wrong to hate missT is a douche.

[/ QUOTE ]

happy bday you bada55!
Old 09-22-2007, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LOL @ you early twentysomethings with no kids trying to tell some chick with a teenager how she should raise her child. God forbid she should make her kid feel special the one time she turns fifteen, even if it's some sort of tradition. Make her eat a cake made of sand and mud, that'll teach her that she's nothing special.

[/ QUOTE ]

ummmm maybe you missed the part about the "Sweet 13" and the impending "Sweet 16" in addition to this.

[/ QUOTE ]
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, no I didn't miss that. Maybe you missed the part about the ONE TIME SHE TURNS FIFTEEN THERE IS A TRADITIONAL CELEBRATION THAT'S PART OF THEIR CULTURE? I bolded it since you seem to have missed it the first eleventeen times it was mentioned.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:39 PM

hey, tony p! what it do kid?
Old 09-22-2007, 05:28 PM

I treated a buddy to a massage for his birthday (I got one too) recently.

For my birthday, the gang is going to Vegas for VEGOOSE, oct 26-8, halloween party music festival mayhem
Old 09-22-2007, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, no I didn't miss that. Maybe you missed the part about the ONE TIME SHE TURNS FIFTEEN THERE IS A TRADITIONAL CELEBRATION THAT'S PART OF THEIR CULTURE? I bolded it since you seem to have missed it the first eleventeen times it was mentioned.

[/ QUOTE ]

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

You say "god forbid she should make her kid feel special the one time she turns 15". This implies that it's a one shot deal of spoiling her on this day that is important in her life and her culture. Using your logic she should "be made to feel special" (huge expensive bash) the "one time" she turns 10, the "one time" she turns 11, the "one time" she turns 12.

She has already had a blowout for her Sweet 13, and apparently the Sweet 16 is on the way as well. So anyone one of these blowouts may be fine by itself, but celebrating the kid's birthday every year as if she is the second coming is spoiling her rotten.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Tony P.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-22-2007, 06:58 PM

most birthday's i go to nowadays are typically dinners and maybe some hanging out afterwords. i give gifts if i remember and/or see something really cool that i know said person would like.

i tend to downplay my own birthday as it has never really been a big deal for me. fwiw, i've never had a birthday party in my life.

also, maybe the saddest thing i've ever seen in my life. i'm at a restaurant with a friend. the table next to us is a 30-something year old woman sitting by himself who ate a steak and then had a piece of chocolate cake and visibly tearing and sniffling. my friend and i assumed it was her birthday that she was celebrating on her own.
Old 09-22-2007, 07:12 PM

Noah, I agree that it might look that way but it's only because they all seem to land around the same time, all within a few years of each other.

And I have given her the "normal" birthday party (>$150) every year except the "special" numbers. (1, 13, 15, 16, 18...then she's on her own)

T