Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2007, 01:50 AM

Default Re: Greg\'s Digest

ikestoys/CobraGoat: This is going to be a thread there I post my analysis to a bunch of hands, on a daily basis. This is the first post. I don't feel elitest if I am making a thread that discusses the most interesting hands from SSNL. If you do, well, I don't know what to tell you. Thanks for the hate though <3.

Paul: I'll answer that one next.

ikestoys: The player is 30/8. I asked for more infromation in the future, because his aggression would be discussed. However, the 8% pfr % implies that he is passive moreso than aggressive, and thusly would be more likely to call with a club here, rather than bluff. In fact, most villains here will take their showdownable hand (ie Ax) and check it every time here. However, throw an A8/A9 with the 8/9c, and they will be calling a bet every time. Betting here for value is necessary, because you can be bluffing, and your villain will almost always call with a club (or maybe without). A villain will not always bet with a club, and will always check behind bluffcatchers that they might have called with (an ace without a spade, 2-6 spade, 5, etc. Also, put yourself in villain's shoes. The SB raises preflop, and then bet bet bets when the board is paired and has a 4flush on the river. Are you really raising KsXx for value in BBs position? What worse hands are calling?

Delta: See the above. This is a series, not an isolated hand. If you don't like it, no one is forcing you to read it. If you want to learn thought processes from a winning HSNL player, feel free to contribute.

Claunchy: I'll try to do that in the future, it's just difficult because the hand is in a converted format, and I don't have the raw HH.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ikestoys/CobraGoat: This is going to be a thread there I post my analysis to a bunch of hands, on a daily basis. This is the first post. I don't feel elitest if I am making a thread that discusses the most interesting hands from SSNL. If you do, well, I don't know what to tell you. Thanks for the hate though <3.

ikestoys: The player is 30/8. I asked for more infromation in the future, because his aggression would be discussed. However, the 8% pfr % implies that he is passive moreso than aggressive, and thusly would be more likely to call with a club here, rather than bluff. In fact, most villains here will take their showdownable hand (ie Ax) and check it every time here. However, throw an A8/A9 with the 8/9c, and they will be calling a bet every time. Betting here for value is necessary, because you can be bluffing, and your villain will almost always call with a club (or maybe without). A villain will not always bet with a club, and will always check behind bluffcatchers that they might have called with (an ace without a spade, 2-6 spade, 5, etc. Also, put yourself in villain's shoes. The SB raises preflop, and then bet bet bets when the board is paired and has a 4flush on the river. Are you really raising KsXx for value in BBs position? What worse hands are calling?

Delta: See the above. This is a series, not an isolated hand. If you don't like it, no one is forcing you to read it. If you want to learn thought processes from a winning HSNL player, feel free to contribute.

Claunchy: I'll try to do that in the future, it's just difficult because the hand is in a converted format, and I don't have the raw HH.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with your analysis on the hand, checking is bad. But I froze up on the river and checked, he checked behind ATo no club, FWIW.

Also, you can just quote the OP in the thread for the converted HH.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
whats with all the uncalled for hate?

plz keep this up greg

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't mean to hate on anybody, but if you are going to make a special thread highlighting your own opinion it better be done well. Greg simply gives a summary of an already mentioned line in the thread with no clear though process behind his reasoning. Nothing new was brought up in his post and he didn't mention any other possible lines.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:57 AM

thats from the OP obv ^^^
Old 04-04-2007, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Greg...disregard the people bitching...n i luv ike's commentary on hands so it will be interesting to see when u guys disagree.

As for the original hands..simply quote the inital HH post and copy it then paste it in this thread.....u won't have to worry about the raw HH then.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:02 AM

ike,

I thought this was an easy decision. I saw a lot of posters that said check, including you. This is wrong. That is why I decided to start my hands with this hand. I stated my reasons why, and just because it was not the polar opposite of every other post in the thread doesn't mean it's not good. It should be reassuring that someone already mentioned the correct line, but a lot of people said the wrong thing. There are no other possible lines for this hand, otherwise I would have mentioned them.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:06 AM

post the damn orig HH
Old 04-04-2007, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Villian is 33/8. I feel completely lost here.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">Hero ($215.15)</font>
<font color="#C00000">BB ($199.50)</font>
UTG ($276.55)
MP ($200)
CO ($326.47)
Button ($304)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8</font>, BB calls $6.

Flop: ($16) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $11</font>, BB calls $11.

Turn: ($38) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $28</font>, BB calls $28.

River: ($94) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ???

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-04-2007, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
just a simple Q....

why are you too good to make a post like this in the thread?

[/ QUOTE ]
What happened ike? I have some memories of you being a fine strategic poster, and now all you do is stir up [censored]. Why not just not post instead if it makes you so mad?
Old 04-04-2007, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The player is 30/8. I asked for more infromation in the future, because his aggression would be discussed. However, the 8% pfr % implies that he is passive moreso than aggressive, and thusly would be more likely to call with a club here, rather than bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

So would you agree with this:
[ QUOTE ]
f he is the type to bluff this river, i check/call.
if he is a passive sloot, then i bet/fold

[/ QUOTE ]
also, using words like moreso and thusly are extremely unnecessary, I already believe that you are smart.

[ QUOTE ]

In fact, most villains here will take their showdownable hand (ie Ax) and check it every time here.

[/ QUOTE ]
I realize they check behind with showdownable hands here a lot, however, I don't think they call with most of them either. I think this is what you mean b/c of the next sentence, but I'm not sure.

[ QUOTE ]

However, throw an A8/A9 with the 8/9c, and they will be calling a bet every time.

[/ QUOTE ]
But wouldn't they also be betting if checked too?

[ QUOTE ]

Betting here for value is necessary, because you can be bluffing,

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm never 3-barreling bluffing this board and even an absolute beginner wouldn't put a 3-barrel here as a bluff

[ QUOTE ]

and your villain will almost always call with a club

[/ QUOTE ]
or a bet

[ QUOTE ]
(or maybe without).

[/ QUOTE ]
the value i see in the check is I see a villain bluffing here with no club more than I see him calling w/o one

[ QUOTE ]
A villain will not always bet with a club,

[/ QUOTE ]
why would this villain then call with it? he has no reason to put you on a club

[ QUOTE ]

and will always check behind bluffcatchers that they might have called with (an ace without a spade, 2-6 spade, 5, etc. Also, put yourself in villain's shoes. The SB raises preflop, and then bet bet bets when the board is paired and has a 4flush on the river. Are you really raising KsXx for value in BBs position? What worse hands are calling?

[/ QUOTE ]

I might, it depends on the villain. The question for this hand isn't how I play, its how a 30/8 at 200NL plays, and this player is raising his flush b/c he is thinking ZOMG WE HAVE A FLUSH