Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 12:01 AM

Default 200nl line check with AK vs a good regular

Background... utg is your typical 50/30 donk and the other strong players at table are constantly reraising to isolate

CO is a very good regular, solid 24/20 player who can be isolating in position with a wide range of hands.

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BB: $203
UTG: $172.80
MP: $393.25
CO: $463.65
Hero (BTN): $268
SB: $237.85

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $6</font>, MP folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $21</font>, Hero calls $21, 2 folds, UTG calls $15

I wanted to see a hand in position.

Flop: ($66) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">CO bets $42</font>, Hero calls $42, UTG folds

Here I think im good and i dont think im folding. Now the key is how do i get more money in the pot. CO is solid and will fold to a reraise I am sure with QQ and maybe even KQ

Turn: ($150) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
CO checks, Hero checks

I dont think villain calls with a hand i beat and decided to try to look weak and hope he bets the river with a QQ or KQ type hand and if he doesnt have anything im not getting more value anyways

River: ($150) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
CO checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $80</font>,

Standard bet..

Thoughts? what streets do you play different trying to get more money in the pot
Old 11-26-2007, 12:08 AM

Default Re: 200nl line check with AK vs a good regular

I'd probably 4-bet to take this preflop. Obv calling a push.

Flop is fine, we don't mind UTG playing along hero.

Turn, when he checks I I'm betting, mostly I expect to take it down there, which in my book is fine given that the pot is large. Also I don't really think we can expect to get much value from a worse hand in a pot that was 3-way on the flop.

If he's solid we're only getting one bet from him and it might as well be as long as we're ahead.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:10 AM

preflop could be raise, call, or fold depending on your mood.
i play the flop and turn the same way, but would typically fire 110 or so on the river.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:11 AM

I think calling pf isn't that great- I almost always rr there. Flop call is fine and I think the turn check is ok, too. When he checks I think it's to give up more often than to c/c. But bet more on the river.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:11 AM

I definately raise on the flop. Can't trap the villian with that board imo. I might vbet a little lighter on the river.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:29 AM

looks pretty standard.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd probably 4-bet to take this preflop. Obv calling a push.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok i just recently came back to cash from mtts where i was sucessful.. i understand getting all in pre with AK in a mtt when the blinds are deep and the stacks are short but why would i want to here?

Thats why i didnt 4bet pre i didnt want to call an all in even though i think i win it pre a lot.

Why would you want to get all in pre with AK? What hands will you get all in pre that AK is really ahead of? QQ may be best case scenerio i can think of
Old 11-26-2007, 12:41 AM

you 4bet because you take it down a huge portion of the time. yeah, your equity isnt great when you get it all in, but you have a bunch of FE
Old 11-26-2007, 01:10 AM

Dude put a raise in somewhere, seriously....

Raise PF preferably. Seeing a flop against two other hands (and maybe more since the blinds have yet to act and are being offered good odds) is NOT what you want with this hand. You're looking to hit a 6 outer bro.

As played, Raise the flop. Make it look like you know he is isolating and c-betting and you might very well induce a raise from him (or maybe even just a call with the intentions of making a move on you later). This flop is dry as hell and your raise could just be exploiting his c-bet. Get some money in this pot. Your goal after this flop is to get stacks in, not value bets.

As played, WTF are you doing on the turn? I guess I can understand just calling the flop since you are most likely way ahead of CO but now that he checks you need to represent a float. this is the perfect board to do it on. Remember, if he doesn't have anything now, you probably aren't getting much out of him ever. I see you are trying to induce a river bluff bet but again, stop going for just a bet. Go for his stack. You essentially capped your win on this hand by your passive play.

As played, shove the river or atleast near pot it. Make him make a hero call since your line looks like garbage. Your hand looks just like 77-TT. If he does have Kx or JJ/QQ he very well could talk himself into thinking you are FOS.

Seems like for half the hand you are trying to be tricky with FPS all the while trying NOT to get stacked and play semi PC here. Make up your mind on where you think you are at and how your hand fares against his range and act accordingly. This half ass BS just misses so much value. And again...reraise PF. This is most important.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:18 AM

i like pf and flop

jloc, the theme of this hand is to get donkeys money, not necessarily the tag's. We have position

Bet the turn now there's a flush draw. Checking isn't terrible though by any means. River is good.