Converter

Seat 1: ($103.30)
Seat 2: ($78)
Seat 3: villain ($31.05)
Seat 4: ($49.80)
Seat 5: ($81.40)
Seat 6: Hero ($103.95)

Villain is 38/0/1.8 after 39 hands

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $3.5</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($15, 4 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $15</font>, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $30</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button calls all-in $12.55</font>.
Uncalled bets: $2.45 returned to Hero.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($70.1, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $70.1)

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($70.1, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $70.1)

Results:
Final pot: $70.1
Old 10-23-2007, 02:11 PM

Default Re: AAxx (how bad is my line?)

Your line is not horrible on the flop, but I don't like it because the villian is not that aggressive and utg+1 might have a hand. Additionally, you are getting allin with just a backflush draw and overpair.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:57 PM

I don't like it, but then I am a micro stakes player.

By raising UTG you are making your hand transparent, but that is not so bad since it is so strong.

You completly missed the flop and check-raise bluffed, but were fortunatly only called by the button who didn't have much stack left. What would have scared me into check folding would have been the K, as many players with KK will call a raise hoping to flop Top Set, and the player behind who folded.

The only way you are in good shape is if Villian bet a 9 out wheel draw. Either pot the flop and hope for the best or ck/fold.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:22 PM

bet that flop man.

be thankful it was a short stack that possibly out drew you on the flop.

wash rinse repeat......move on to next hand.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:05 PM

Personally, I think the line is fine, and it's how I would have played the hand at least some of the time. The only real draw is QJTx, so giving a free card isn't exactly the end of the world. It lets you evaluate the action after you; possibly isolate the short stack without having to get involved with the full stacks; lastly, it sets up a possible squeeze if there's a caller before you. They might fold a better hand/hand with outs against you, and if not, you'll be able to get a lot of your stack in. I don't know if the line is optimal at these stakes, but I think it has a lot of merit in more aggressive games/games where the players stack off really lightly.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:25 PM

I'd just lead the flop here. It came about as dry as it possibly could, and your overpair + nut BDFD will provide you with at least some equity. Bet $15, call a raise from the short-stack and fold to anyone else.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
By raising UTG you are making your hand transparent, but that is not so bad since it is so strong.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not true if he his raising range is larger than AAXX (a preflop raising percentage greater than 3%).

Not raising here is terrible with double suited aces and a T7 hail mary straight combo.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like it, but then I am a micro stakes player.

You completly missed the flop and check-raise bluffed, but were fortunatly only called by the button who didn't have much stack left. What would have scared me into check folding would have been the K, as many players with KK will call a raise hoping to flop Top Set, and the player behind who folded.

The only way you are in good shape is if Villian bet a 9 out wheel draw. Either pot the flop and hope for the best or ck/fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

He is not bluffing the flop, he is raising for value.

This line is fine, but I'd prefer leading for 2/3 pot and calling if either the $50 or $30 stacks shoved or folding if the bigger stack reraised.