Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2007, 03:07 PM

Default An ATo hand

This is the 2nd time that I remember playing against this villain. The 1st time, I thought that he was quite laggy. However, when I had a look at his stats a bit later they seemed to indicate that he was a TAG.

Nothing has happened between us before this hand, and I had been running well.

Here is what PT tells me about him: 16.9/7/2.4 over 142 hands, and here is the hand :

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP2 folds, Hero ...?

His turn donk seemed a bit suspicious. There again, I dont think that I have seen evidence of him bluff betting when a scare card falls.

What do you think ?
Old 10-07-2007, 03:12 PM

Default Re: An ATo hand

I'm calling down. Perhaps he is b/f an A or whatever. He is too aggro to fold IMO.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:18 PM

I call here.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:26 PM

I would call aswell and prey that he does not have a King.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:28 PM

I call down because folding just seems to weak. People with a low vpip like that usually have pretty narrow ranges for CC and calling in the SB. I expect a lot of KQ and AJ. but some paired [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] FDs and weaker aces are in his range too.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I call down because folding just seems too weak. People with a low vpip like that usually have pretty narrow ranges for CC and calling in the SB. I expect a lot of KQ and AJ. but some paired [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] FDs and weaker aces are in his range too.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems reasonable.

I think that part of the reason that his turn donk seemed suspicious, was because he also donked the flop.

If he was a reasonable TAG, would he have been that likely to donk this flop with Kx ?
Old 10-07-2007, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he was a reasonable TAG, would he have been that likely to donk this flop with Kx ?

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe I'm not a reasonable TAG, but I would certainly consider it - especially against another TAG.

The reason is, I expect the TAG to c-bet anyway and maybe the donk gets him to fold. Both this idea and the c-bet when missed seem more reasonable with less opponents, though. It might be ok if you add a back door flush draw, so maybe KQ [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

This looks like a situation where I just don't get it and call down. Both because I don't get it and because the pot is big.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:32 PM

To stay in on the flop without an A would be risky for me with 4 players esp at a loose table. If he has a K he might bet it on the turn rather than see it checked through.
If he had a K and ckd the turn, and you also, and then bet the river he would get one less bet unless you bet and he reraised you.
Or he could be on a total bluff.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he has a K he might bet it on the turn rather than see it checked through.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you have considered trying to check raise the turn if you had been villain and had a K ?

After all, I raised pf and raised villain's flop bet. So, presumably there would have been a good chance of my betting the turn if I had been checked to.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If he has a K he might bet it on the turn rather than see it checked through.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you have considered trying to check raise the turn if you had been villain and had a K ?

After all, I raised pf and raised villain's flop bet. So, presumably there would have been a good chance of my betting the turn if I had been checked to.

[/ QUOTE ]
Does villain think this much about hands?

These hands are really tough. There's not a lot of analysis we can do for you, it's just a read-based situation, and you have a better read on him than any of us.

That said, I think you'll be looking at a king very often, but I call down because players sometimes do stupid things.