Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2007, 03:00 PM

Default TT in EP and 3-bet from BB

The opponents in this hand were all a bit fishy (loose passive), but not many hands on BB so far.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, SB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero...???

With BB 3-betting pf and leading the flop, I thought that there would be a good chance of his leading the turn.

Also this flop looked as dry to me as it could almost get, being a rainbow with no likely straight draws.

So, would this be a good time to bring out the dreaded slowplay [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] and call the flop bet, with the intention of raising the turn ?

The + to this play is that you may get overcalls from the 2 loose limpers behind you, with a hand that does not seem to be very vulnerable. You also have position on the BB, and can bet the turn if he only checks.

The - to this play, is that you may simply lose additional bets (by not raising the flop) from the BB if he has an overpair to the flop. AKo would probably also call a flop raise, but might check/fold the turn unimproved.

What do you think ?
Old 09-02-2007, 03:05 PM

Default Re: TT in EP and 3-bet from BB

What is BB's 3-bet range? This isn't a bad place to slowplay. You are unlikely for villain to improve to a hand that beats you but he could improve to a better hand that is worse than yours. I wait for the turn and raise.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:05 PM

calling is fine here
Old 09-02-2007, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is BB's 3-bet range?

[/ QUOTE ]

BB was a bit of an unknown at this stage. So, I would have given him a standard 3-bet pf range of say AA-TT and AK.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:18 PM

I think I like the idea of waiting until the turn to raise. If he has AA-JJ, he'll probably show it down no matter where you raise. If he has AK, he's likely to start thinking to fold if you were to raise on the flop.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:00 PM

I would raise now. If he has an overpair, hopefully he'll 3-bet so I can still smooth call and raise the turn. If he has AK, he may not donk the turn for me, which is bad.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would raise now. If he has an overpair, hopefully he'll 3-bet so I can still smooth call and raise the turn. If he has AK, he may not donk the turn for me, which is bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

wouldnt it be better to allow the SB to make a hand?
Old 09-02-2007, 04:14 PM

I would slowplay the flop. The texture is awful for your opponents.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:23 PM

no one has mentioned the size of the pot. it isn't small.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wouldnt it be better to allow the SB to make a hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean BB?

I don't hate slowplaying here. But with strength shown from BB preflop, I'm hoping to play this in a way that I get excess action from a made strong hand instead of trying to get fancy to give someone a *CHANCE* to make a hand (that will simply be called down).

If BB just called preflop and then donked the flop, I might slowplay because now I don't have any idea how strong his hand is and whether I have any reason to expect future action if I raise now. There's some pot-size effects going into play in that scenario as well.