Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 11:11 AM

Default The Dude Is In The Well

A stranger is being shown around a village that he has just become part of. He is shown a well and his guide says "On any day except Wednesday, you can shout any question down that well and you'll be told the answer" .

The man seems pretty impressed, and so he shouts down: Why not on Wednesday? and the voice from in the well shouts back: Because on Wednesday, it’s your day in the well.

I haven't really been on this forum in about two years, so most of you probably won't know me that well. James asked me to do one of these, and I think they're quite fun, so here we go.

A little about me to get you started: Poker and I have had lots of ups and downs, strikes and gutters. I've been on my own, I've been staked, I've run very well at crucial times, and I've run very poorly at key times as well. I've had family go out of their way to offer encouragement to pursuing poker, and I've had family practically disown me for it. I've played professionally online and live, I quit poker to run a restaurant, then went back to playing poker. I've been a pro in LA, Vegas, and Washington. I also remember when 2+2 was a small community.

That's all you get for now. Cheers.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:13 AM

Default Re: The Dude Is In The Well

1) Maude or Bunny? and why?

2) stories about family members encouraging/discouraging poker, and their reasons why?

thanks,

kck
Old 09-04-2007, 11:19 AM

Do you abide?
Old 09-04-2007, 11:33 AM

What are the highest games you have ever played?

How would you compare the Bellagio 30 game to other Mid Limit games?

Do you like the 5 bet cap?

What is the 1 thing I should know about taking shots at bigger live games(30/60+)?

Who is the most underrated 2p2 poster in all of LHE history? Why?

Favorite BBV4L/BBV/OOT/NVG topic?

Why is your title so similar to your screenname? Do you ever use this masculine image to value bet very thinly to unknowning 2p2ers who first meet you and think trying to get them to fold?
Old 09-04-2007, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1) Maude or Bunny? and why?

[/ QUOTE ]
Definitely Maude. First, I like not having the clap. Second, this world is better off the more seeds I plant.

[ QUOTE ]
2) stories about family members encouraging/discouraging poker, and their reasons why?

[/ QUOTE ]
When I first started learning poker, I told my family how fascinated I was by the depth and complexity of the game, blah blah blah. My dad offered to give me 10k to hire John Feeney as a coach (I hadn't contacted him yet, I had told my dad I feared he'd ask more than I could pay.) in return some of my future earnings. This was the first encouragement I got from anyone that confirmed the thought that I was smart enough to win at this game.

My mom, however, was convinced that I was on a road that would lead to ruining my life. She was convinced that I was addicted to gambling, and that I was going to end up in debt to mobsters. When I told her I was quitting my job to play poker, and that I wasn't going to get a job when I graduated college, she said "When people ask me what you're doing, I'm not going to tell them about this, because I'm so ashamed."

Other family members reacted somewhere in between, but eventually they've all stopped being concerned.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What are the highest games you have ever played?

[/ QUOTE ]
Online: 15-30 full, 10-20 6max.
Live: 40-80

[ QUOTE ]

How would you compare the Bellagio 30 game to other Mid Limit games?

[/ QUOTE ]
More weak/tight and passive, although not nearly as much so as the 15-30 games in Vegas. You will also often find a very wide mix of players, since there are so many tourists that come to town. It's not too uncommon to see the game play like a Commerce game for a few hours.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you like the 5 bet cap?

[/ QUOTE ]
Absolutely. It's extremely uncommon when a street goes 4 or 5 bets and I'm not happy that it did.

[ QUOTE ]
What is the 1 thing I should know about taking shots at bigger live games(30/60+)?

[/ QUOTE ]
You have to stop somewhere. I'm a big fan of taking shots, but if you're always taking shots as soon as you can, you'll eventually run bad and have to step way down. Never let yourself invest more into a shot than you have extra for the limit you're at. (Unless you can get staked.)

[ QUOTE ]
Who is the most underrated 2p2 poster in all of LHE history? Why?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think I'm qualified to answer that, so I'll take the word of some people who I think are: Snakehead. I haven't seen him post in a long time, but I've heard from more than one very good poster that Ray Zee is probably the only 2+2er that's better.

[ QUOTE ]
Favorite BBV4L/BBV/OOT/NVG topic?

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmm. I don't know. Maybe the "25 Songs You Can't Live Without" thread that Schneids started. (Sorry, too lazy to dig up the link.)

[ QUOTE ]
Why is your title so similar to your screenname? Do you ever use this masculine image to value bet very thinly to unknowning 2p2ers who first meet you and think trying to get them to fold?

[/ QUOTE ]
I once value bet KQ (no A on board) on the river HU and declared "value bet" as I did it. I don't think nirfdog would have called with his Q high or whatever he had if I hadn't said it.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:49 PM

What is your winrate/hour playing live at 40/80?

Where is the most lucrative place to play?

How long have you been playing professionaly?

How long is your typical live sesssion?

What's the most you've ever won in a day playing LHE?
Old 09-04-2007, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is your winrate/hour playing live at 40/80?

[/ QUOTE ]
In about 60 hours of 40-80 play, I'm at about $500/hr. I've played a lot of 30-60 and below, but haven't put that many hours at 40-80.

[ QUOTE ]
Where is the most lucrative place to play?

[/ QUOTE ]
I am convinced that for 60-120 and below, Commerce is leaps and bounds above everywhere else.

[ QUOTE ]

How long have you been playing professionaly?

[/ QUOTE ]
4 1/2 years, with a 6 month break when my ex-wife and I owned a restaurant.

[ QUOTE ]

How long is your typical live sesssion?

[/ QUOTE ]
5-7 hours, assuming I'm playing in Vegas. If I make a trip to LA or Arizona to play, 8-12.

[ QUOTE ]
What's the most you've ever won in a day playing LHE?

[/ QUOTE ]
On my last trip to Commerce, I was up $13k in one day in the 40-80 game. 14 hours.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:21 PM

That's some heater you're on Dude!
Old 09-04-2007, 01:38 PM

Can you describe some of your Ah HA! moments?

A couple of things that advanced players understand that most low stakes players don't?

Barry Tanenbaum has told me there are several players in the 40/80 game that are making several BBs/hr. You must be one of them. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]