Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2007, 07:08 AM

Default Re: A 99 hand

Raising the turn is an option. I think u should value-bet. Could be a smaller PP or a bluff that backed into a pair and now prefer to show down.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Raising the turn is an option. I think u should value-bet. Could be a smaller PP or a bluff that backed into a pair and now prefer to show down.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems like some highly respected posters don't want to raise this turn. Is it correct that our hand is too good to raise? Meaning if villain is bluffing he likely holds only one OC. The raise would be a better play with 44?

Even if villain holds only one OC a raise may be good, if we think he will give up a bluff on the river?
Old 08-12-2007, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems like some highly respected posters don't want to raise this turn. Is it correct that our hand is too good to raise? Meaning if villain is bluffing he likely holds only one OC. The raise would be a better play with 44?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[ QUOTE ]
Even if villain holds only one OC a raise may be good, if we think he will give up a bluff on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think that is the case, then yes.

Villain in this case is pretty much an unknown, which means that I would rather take a passive line against his aggression than to out aggro the aggressor. Hero's hand has decent showdown value, so I would play to take it to showdown.

To contrast, the 44 hand has less showdown value, so I don't mind taking a folding line.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:20 PM

Well, it looks like he was most likely bluffing the flop and turn so he probably had nothing. And if he was bluffing then he won't call your river bet.

If he is laying a trap for you, then you lose at least 1 bet and possibly 2 if you want to see what he has, so I just check behind here as I don't see how betting is +EV.