Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2007, 06:13 AM

Default Sure why not, HU 30 Stud 8

Villain is Jethro who I think plays the 30 and 75 Omaha 8 for a living on Stars. I've never seen him play Stud 8 before. He plays lots better than a ton of people when the game was full, putting bets in wisely on 4th-7th but I saw him get involved with a few questionable high hands. That really isn't all that important HU I guess, but I'll throw it out there anyway. This is generally pretty awful game selection for me but I have to do something in a couple hours so I couldn't sleep and decided to play interwebs poker. I lit up like 2k playing the 30 Omaha 8 because Omaha 8 is like my blackjack, except I hope to one day become a winning player. Being the degen I am I couldn't quit stuck so I stayed and play him HU in the Stud 8 when the game started to break. We've both been playing semistraightforward. I think he may have been starting to repop me a bit light on 3rd because I had been folding 4th a bit so I was adjusting to peel 4th lighter and to 3bet 3rd more and throw in a few calls of his 3rd 2bet and waiting for anywhere between 4-6th to raise depending on what I had and how the board fell. I have checked two pair that could beat almost any realistic two pair he could have a couple times on the river in spots that felt a little weird for me because I like to confuse people HU and I thought there was a realistic expectation that he'd bluff/value bet more often than he could call. I've also successfully c/r a-6+7 straight on the river after betting the rest of the way. There were actually a couple more interesting ones, but I'm on my dad's laptop and don't have PT so I posted this hand since I had it on copy/paste.

7 Card Stud High-Low ($30/$60), Ante $5, Bring-In $10 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.33 SB)

Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___raises
Seat 3: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___calls

4th Street - (4.33 SB)

Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 3: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (3.17 BB)

Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___raises
Seat 3: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Old 06-03-2007, 07:46 AM

Default Re: Sure why not, HU 30 Stud 8

Very nice. That's very good hu play to keep anyone off-balance.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:08 AM

I like it, Id be very surprised if you are behind and would prob keep firing all the way unless something drastic happens
Old 06-03-2007, 11:50 AM

Sure, why not?
Old 06-04-2007, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sure, why not?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-04-2007, 12:13 PM

comments on raising on 3rd street please, interesting spot since there is virtually no overlay of the antes. I do it as well, but its the tiny pot worth it with this hand? Is a call better?
Old 06-04-2007, 12:34 PM

Raising on 3rd is great IMO. If this guy is completing on 3rd a fair amount we probably have the best hand, good door card, we are taking control of the hand by being the aggressor. yada yada its all gravy. Just calling might be OK to depending on the previous history. It sounds like HOWMANY wanted to keep up the level of aggression though.

You are dealing with a bitter, humorless old man. There will be no rickrolling here.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

linky

[/ QUOTE ]

this isn't bbv, stuff like this in the strat forums makes me cringe.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:39 PM

You should definitely check 4th here 100% of the time, as your most frequent holding is a bricked low and your opponent should bet 100% of the time.

Whether you should check-raise or slowplay is probably arguable.

This hand is otherwise completely standard, 3rd street in particular, because a significant portion of your opponent's distribution should be steal hands like (87)Q and (J9)Q, against which you are in good shape.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:42 PM

LOLrickroll'dU

Sorry, I dont know what I was thinking. An online poker forum is clearly a place for serious business. I will make sure in the future I provide only clear and concise quantitative and qualitative analysis regarding specfic poker hands and theoretical situations. As all a part of an effort to satisify you oh Mr 14K posts and ensure that you never 'cringe' ever again when reading one of my posts. Better yet, instead of reading my cringe-worthy posts you can simply 'Ignore this user'

Imao,
PokerJans