Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2006, 10:17 AM

Default AA on a paired board

My opponents in this hand were a little loose, but seemed to have reasonable preflop raising standards, and were reasonable postflop.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, CO raises, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, CO caps, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (16.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 players)</font>
Hero bets, UTG folds, MP2 calls, CO raises, Hero ....???

What would your plan be for the rest of this hand ?

I expect that I have CO beat with a higher pair. However, I dont know whether MP2 called my flop bet with a 5, and is planning on raising a turn bet.

So should I smooth call CO's flop raise, and check call a bet on the turn ? Fold to a turn double bet ? This might have the advantage of gaining an overcall from MP2 if he has an underpair.

Or should I 3-bet the flop and lead the turn if one or both of my opponents call ?
Old 05-11-2006, 10:33 AM

Default Re: AA on a paired board

[ QUOTE ]

Or should I 3-bet the flop and lead the turn if one or both of my opponents call ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless MP2 is super-loose or has 88 you are *way* ahead in this hand.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:34 AM

Cap this if you can and be happy.

[ QUOTE ]
However, I dont know whether MP2 called my flop bet with a 5, and is planning on raising a turn bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then be happy you have a clueless player at your table.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, even if they cap.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:07 PM

(grunch)
An A5 is a heckofa hand for MP2 to have called preflop, isn't it? I would blast away with a board like this.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be my line.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:35 PM

As one of the pooh-bahs or carpals famously said a while back, "If you never stop betting and raising with AA/KK in micro-limit games, you're not going to be too far wrong."

Edit:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I lead the turn if one of my opponents caps, even (unless I'm planning to c/r). I'll think about slowing down if I'm raised on the turn.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:03 PM

Its reassuring when other posters suggest the line that you took in playing a hand.

I 3-bet the flop and only the CO called. I then led the turn and river with the CO calling both streets.

He had KK.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its reassuring when other posters suggest the line that you took in playing a hand.

I 3-bet the flop and only the CO called. I then led the turn and river with the CO calling both streets.

He had KK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too bad he slowed down. I got a guy last week with KK to cap every street to my Aces on an all unders board. Yummy [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]