Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 05:29 PM

Default Re: KENNY TRAN IS GOD

The only hand I remember of Tran was where he got away with an incredibly obvious bluff. I guess I got to pay more attention to him.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He made one amazing call and one horrific call, leading me to believe he just calls everything. And he acted like a class A prick.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure he didn't get that deep being a calling station. As usual, television editing fools another idiot into believing all decisions are so easy. Give someone the hole card information and edit out all the events leading up to the hand and everyone thinks they are a poker genius. Gotta love it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely suck at poker and Kenny Tran is way better than I will ever be, but that call with 3rd (4th?) pair for all his chips was freaking stupid and I have no idea why he would do that, other than hubris.

And he was definitely a prick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it was top pair with Q kicker but I hated the call as well. I thought he was arrogant but he was pretty funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

The poster was referring to it only being 4th pair as in T's. JJ+ still had him beat, but taking that line with those hands would obv be terrible without soulcard reading.
I really don't see how Tran can beat enough hands on the river to make that call though. It looked like one of those "Put your opponent on a hand you beat and call" situations.. very disappointing to see him go like that.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:03 PM

I recall a hand from UCP that he was not in but he was so sure he knew what one guy was holding that he called out a prop bet on it. Nobody wanted to take it so he gave some sucker odds (to himself). I believe Cajelais took the bets because of the sucker odds and Tran was way off. Looked like total fool and you could see he knew it in his face.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:20 PM

I just saw Kenny Tran at a local Mcdonalds in Arcadia and I asked him what he's doing over there and he said he's picking up his wife who's working at Mcdonalds.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:23 PM

Cash poker ep. 22:

4 players to the flop. Flop is 2s, 4s, 5d. Eric C with 7-7 (no spades) makes a continuation bet as everyone called after him before the flop, Brighton calls the bet with A-K of clubs (?!), Gabriel calls with j-j and then comes Di Z that raise the bet of 2100 to 12000 in a pot that was in that moment of about 9000. Everyone folded and Tran opened a prop-bet that he would have guessed the guy hand for 2-1 for 2000$ or something like that. The deal was made and he said he had a set of 5 after the flop, so a pair of 5, but Di Z turned over 5-6 of spades.
Don't know if the hand is available online somewhere.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Definitely, I'd love to see him on HSP as well. His few appearances on Cash Poker were pretty good, I'd like to see what he's capable of at higher stakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

How high does Kenny usually play? I know he plays "high stakes" but I don't think he plays as high as 300/600 uncapped, does he? I'll admit I don't really have much of an idea, but I thought he was a grinder.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he plays pretty high
Old 10-05-2007, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Definitely, I'd love to see him on HSP as well. His few appearances on Cash Poker were pretty good, I'd like to see what he's capable of at higher stakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

How high does Kenny usually play? I know he plays "high stakes" but I don't think he plays as high as 300/600 uncapped, does he? I'll admit I don't really have much of an idea, but I thought he was a grinder.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he plays pretty high

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that how high he usually plays or was he taking a shot?
Old 10-06-2007, 04:30 AM

Well seen as a game that high has only ever run once, i'd say he was taking a shot.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:31 AM

Kenny Tran may be a good player, but he has no class...if someone else was talking smack during a hand he was in and they weren't, he would go ape shyt. What an arse!

I was smiling when he bust...
Old 10-06-2007, 02:04 PM

mmm i have a funny story involving a drunken [censored] me vs kenny tran. will discuss later when im not so hungover. what a waste of a post.