Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 03:24 AM

Default Re: looking to stake people part 3

or just stake me to play grimm, he'll probably play me and we all know that's +EVV
Old 09-02-2007, 03:26 AM

I've been a consistent winner for the past 3 years, 1 of which was at the 500nl over about 120k hands.

I'm now grinding the 50nl because I cashed out the majority of my roll to put a downpayment on a condo. I'd add my PT stats and graph if you told me how, cause I have no clue; however I don't have a sample greater than 16k cause the site I used to play on was True Poker and PT doesn't support it.

But if you're interested in staking me I could email you my transaction history from the site showing my earnings of more than 50k at 500nl.

I'd love the opportunity cause I wanna kill myself playing so low again, but my priority was to buy property and my roll suffered as a result. This would be a great way for you to give a winning player a shot to rebuild his roll quickly and make some good $$$ in the meantime.

ps. I know I'm new to this site and don't have much clout but I used to play quite a bit with thaaj (don't know if you know him) on True Poker back in the day at the 500nl under the name Atlantis000, he now plays 5knl on FT and has more posts here and I'm sure he would vouch for my dominance on True Poker if need be.
I'm also interested in the coaching aspect, cause I'm always looking to improve and patch whatever holes I have in my game.

PM me if you think I'd make a good candidate or need more info
Old 09-02-2007, 03:31 AM

I'd be interested in this for sure. Just recently moved up to 2/4 NL, it's going well but I think to get to 5/10 and 10/20 will take some work.

Here's the last few months, mostly NL 100 and NL 200, with a failed shot or 2 at 2/4 (although I think I'm up for good now.) Am planning on getting in 40-45k hands / month through the end of the year (did that in May and June but July and August I was travelling all over):

Oh, also my new 2/4 stats are in a new db. I'm up pretty solid but it's not a significant sample size.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:35 AM

I'm a successful limit player who just started playing NL. I'm doing well so far at 100NL, but only have 7K hands under my belt (up a little over 10 buyins). I've got a decent bankroll already, but with coaching and a stake the process would be greatly accelerated and beneficial for us both.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:38 AM

I just graduated, I can't get a real job because I have to stay on my parents insurance to get my corneas replaced because I have an eye condition blah blah. I can see fine out of one eye, and that's how I can play online poker, vision isn't a big deal when you are nice and safe in front of a computer.

I cashed out my roll to buy a new computer in the middle of the summer when my dell went busto. Per standard cashout curse, busto of leftover funds soon followed. Stopped playing my standard nl25 and nl50, and tried to grind a roll back up from the uber micros, which is doable but [censored] tedious and I am about to lose my mind.

I am a winning player and I am a bankroll nit. I am not a risk for going busto because I am like a young barry greenstein and I can quit when I know I am not playing optimally.

Until my surgery in a month, I am not working, so I have pretty much all day to do nothing but read and play poker. After surgery, I will be stuck in front of my computer for another few months, so all this time could be spent earning monies at poker.

During the summer I was 4 tabling 6-max, and kinda found that to be most comfortable. I'm full ring proficient as well, but I prefer 6-max or HU. Recently I've been wasting my time playing micro sng, my roi is like 25% or something but that is meaningless because a ferret could beat micro ftp players.

So yeah, just need a stake for nl25/nl50 which is the highest I'd feel comfortable accepting a stake for. I lost most of my old hh on the dell, and I have about 3 months worth on the new macbook pro. Haven't picked up bootcamp to install PT yet so I don't have graphs and stuff, but I could send hh I have or we could work something else out. TY for your consideration, and please PM me if you need any further details, which I'm sure you do.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:46 AM

i am really interested in coaching for multitabling 200 nl or 400nl. Ive been a winner playing live mainly for the past 2 years or so, mainly 2-5nl but sometimes 5-10 and 10-20. ive played on fulltilt and ultimate bet a lil bit but never put enough money on to have a sufficient bankroll.

thanks
Old 09-02-2007, 03:48 AM

i could be interested in a staking deal for stakes 3/6 and 5/10nl (and above obv [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]). i consider my biggest leak to be dealing with variance, but aside from that i would say that i could learn to beat those games pretty fast with a bit of work and some guidance. i think i would be a good candidate for this idea as i would like to move up in limits and i think i can def learn to beat them, but doing it this way will help make it an easier transition and i can focus on playing well instead of worrying about the inevitable big swings.

i took up online poker seriously in February. Got a new computer sometime in april and have my results since then at 1/2 and 2/4nl. i have recently started to tweak my style a bit, specifically loosening up a bit preflop and lowering my overall AF slightly. i have changed my party sn and dont really want to reveal it for now.

i play on Party pretty much exclusively fwiw. anyone who might be interested in organising something plz PM me and we can have a chat about it. i would only be interested in doing this kind of thing for stakes higher than 2/4, although i am happy to start off there just to demonstrate that i dont suck.

edit: oh and btw, i am playing poker full time atm and am willing to put in a LOT of time and effort to improve. i am getting much better at tilt management so i think i would prove to be a very worthwhile investment [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-02-2007, 03:51 AM

I want to get staked for donkaments. I play MSNL now but I used to play SNGs on Party (see PT stats below). I feel that my knowledge of ICM from SNGs and the hand reading skills I've developed playing MSNL have made me a pretty well-rounded player. I think my MTT ROI in the long run would be >50%.

Old 09-02-2007, 03:53 AM

I don't want to get staked, but I'm curious how it works. How do the stakers make money off of it? Do they get X% of a player's winnings? What's a standard staking agreement?
Old 09-02-2007, 03:58 AM

4.88bb/100 @ 1/2 over 135k hands
Closed Thread