Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2006, 12:50 PM

Default Re: Gillette Fusion - A review

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If Gillette made a perfect product the first time around they wouldn't be able to re-brand it 10 times before moving onto the next big thing.

Gillette Fusion Extreme Turbo Black Edition will probably address the single blade issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Gillette could make a perfect razor, they wouldn't sell it. They would instead keep making incremental improvements to the current blade every year or two and keep getting rich. They aren't going to kill their own cash cow.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about this. The thing with razors is that you have to replace them anyway. It's not a one-time purchase like, say, an operating system for a computer. If Gillette had the perfect razor, they'd put it out, and charge $50 for refill blades before Schick was able to make it.
Old 02-20-2006, 12:52 PM

I bought it and love it. 3 days beard growth, no problems. The big question is how many shaves will I get with one set of blades. I'm guessing with 5 blades, I should get 10-20% on average.
Old 02-20-2006, 12:54 PM

None of this matters to me as my face is made entirely of leather and I can use a single blade disposable and get a good shave, but when I used to shave my head, the more blades the better
Old 02-20-2006, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If Gillette could make a perfect razor, they wouldn't sell it. They would instead keep making incremental improvements to the current blade every year or two and keep getting rich. They aren't going to kill their own cash cow.

[/ QUOTE ]

This comment sucks. Do you see why?

i'll tell you, it's because they make their money on the BLADES not the Razor. They want everyone and their mom to get the razor for cheap cheap cheap: I just bought one for 9 bucks at CVS with a 6 dollar store-credit rebate (even though I own one) for the 2 cartridges for 3 bucks.

If they made a perfect razor, they'd probably send one to every 18+ male in America for free, so that you'd use it and buy blades blades blades.
Old 02-20-2006, 01:22 PM

I want to use this:

Old 02-20-2006, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This comment sucks. Do you see why?

i'll tell you, it's because they make their money on the BLADES not the Razor. They want everyone and their mom to get the razor for cheap cheap cheap: I just bought one for 9 bucks at CVS with a 6 dollar store-credit rebate (even though I own one) for the 2 cartridges for 3 bucks.

If they made a perfect razor, they'd probably send one to every 18+ male in America for free, so that you'd use it and buy blades blades blades.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gillette's MO has always been make a slightly better version of their current best, then make crappier old version so those who won't switch eventually do....and if they don't switch, then discontinue production of old product so people are forced to switch over.

If Gillette made the perfect razor blade, they'd be crazy to put it on the market immediately. Imitators like Schick would then put out their imitation, and Gillette would have nothing new to get consumers to keep buying Gillette. Why do that when people buy your newest blade whatever it is.

ScottieK
Old 02-20-2006, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Fusion >>> Mach 3 >>>>> Schick Quattro.

[/ QUOTE ]

ouch. i use a shick quattro power and it works very well. better than my mach 3 i used to use.
Old 02-20-2006, 01:34 PM

ewe.

I wouldn't use a Quattro on my sack.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:27 PM

Saturday Night Live in the 70's did a parody commercial mocking Trac II with a 3-bladed version with the tag line, "Because you'll believe anything." I think it starred Chevy Chase.

Did the Gillette designers say at the time, "They're right. That would work better."
Old 02-20-2006, 09:07 PM

good review, i went to buy one but they only had the battery package....damn you marketing!