Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 10:46 AM

Default Re: Q8o - 0.50/1.00 Stars - Standard?

wow.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thats makes 8 outs giving us equity. So yeah explain please why I shouldn't pump this pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

8 outs to a good-but-not-great hand is not the same thing as 8 outs to the nut flush.

This board is highly coordinated. It is more likely than normal that you can hit your 2nd pair or trips and still lose. Hitting your gutshot will frequently result in a split, but on a bad day you might even lose to KQ (not an unlikely hand for someone to hold). Your bdfd is only to a one-card Q-high flush, which is pretty marginal as well.

I don't have stove in front of me, but it would probably be instructive to put your opponents on some range of hands and see what your equity really is here. I seriously doubt its enough to warrant any value-raises.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You should be pumping this pot.

1.5 outs for a bdfd, 2 outs for another 8, 3 outs for a Q but it is discounted to 1 out for obvious reasons, and 4 outs fro the gutshot (its a full four because we hold the Qh, if the 9h comes we have a decent redraw).

Thats makes 8 outs giving us equity. So yeah explain please why I shouldn't pump this pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

4 "outs" for a chop and could be 3 outs

1.5 "outs" to a soso bdfd

your calculations are wrong.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:51 AM

I guess you're refering button as CO?

Preflop
Nothing to comment

Flop
Why did you raise? To add value cos you have a gut shot and bottom pair? But I was just thinking... I might have called with bottom pair instead.

Turn
Easy bet, since you raised the flop.

River
Should have bet.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

1.5 outs for a bdfd, 2 outs for another 8, 3 outs for a Q but it is discounted to 1 out for obvious reasons, and 4 outs fro the gutshot (its a full four because we hold the Qh, if the 9h comes we have a decent redraw).

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough, I have 6.5 outs total. Still have a very small edge to push here. At this point though you cannot argue that my draw is now so-so by virtue of accounting for it the discounted outs above.

So again I ask, why is this spew if we are slightly over break even? I get a feeling that I am going to get some reply like 'this makes the hand more difficult to play'.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough, I have 6.5 outs total. Still have a very small edge to push here. At this point though you cannot argue that my draw is now so-so by virtue of accounting for it the discounted outs above.

So again I ask, why is this spew if we are slightly over break even? I get a feeling that I am going to get some reply like 'this makes the hand more difficult to play'.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) you are OOP and cant take a free card
2) you could get 3 bet easily on a board like this
3) you have no implied odds if you hit a straight