Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 10:06 AM

Default Re: yet another river checkraise

its ok cos he doesnt have much and the little stuff he could have doesnt call often
Old 10-10-2007, 10:12 AM

the reason you do this with a big hand, is the reason you don't do this as a bluff.

I guess it depends a lot on your thoughts of the villain, but I was thinking this may even be for value. Against some people this is very good, against some very bad, I don't think anyone here can tell you.

edit: didn't realise flush got there on turn, I like it more, still not a lot though. I think he expects you to bet with your good hands and maybe c/r with nuts. If he is good he probably realises that it's nuts or air and given your flop play it's probably air a lot more often.

Old 10-10-2007, 10:16 AM

i like it. calling is prob burning against a tightie.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
only hands i could be bluffraising with here is 88-TT or so and for that to make sense he has to believe that first of all, i didn't three-bet them preflop and second of all, am perceptive and creative enough to turn them into a bluff when i suspect i am beat.

[/ QUOTE ]
See now this is a much better argument. I was not villain in this hand and I wasn't arguing either way that your play was good or bad.

What I was saying is that your justification sucks that villain will hardly ever show up with a hand better than your repping so it must be good. This has little to do with the EV of this play because villain should realize his entire range is now a bluffcatcher once you c/r.

This play is more dependent on what he thinks of your range and if you have little history than what his tendencies are (if he makes big calls), image etc.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:33 AM

jesus christ are u retarded? villains range of hands has nothing to do with the EV of this play? christ stop posting. im not reading anymore anyway thats for sure
Old 10-10-2007, 10:34 AM

luego, he is saying that even though his range may not be that strong, if he calls all of it then your assumption that "he doesn't have a good hand so it's a good play" is non-sensical.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:42 AM

Yes ty. This forum is ridiculous sometimes. Luego posts a hand in order to get feedback I assume. I'm browsing the forum and read through the thread. I see that there is an error in his thinking and attempt to correct it. Instead of trying to understand, he just flames. I attempt to explain further. More flaming.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:49 AM

Except there was no error in his thinking and you have no idea of what you are talking about, but other than that I agree 100% with you.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
because i dont think he can beat trip sevens, boats or flushes very often.

[/ QUOTE ]

this explanation, to all but the most numb-skulled or inexperienced, implies "i think i am doing a good job of representing trip sevens, boat or flush believably and since he rarely beat those hands and has no reason to put me on anything other than these hands, he should fold". i shouldnt have to spell that out when posting a $5/$10 hand. maybe $0.1/$0.2 but not $5/$10. seems pretty clear neither of u should be replying to this thread since even a simple concept like this demands to be explained to the last decimal in order for you to understand it.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:51 AM

maybe the players at 10/20 are better than the ones at 5/10 and below and can't hand read then, and I guess this was implied aswell?....