Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2007, 06:15 PM

Default Table Changes

I am going to Vegas March 15-18 and will be staying at the Wynn on the poker rate (room rates in Vegas that weekend seem particularly steep - probably due to March Madness and Ace Hardware convention).

Anyways, I was wondering about the procedure for changing tables if you don't like the one you are on. Can you request a table change to a specific table, or just the next one that opens up? Is it worth it to grease the floor and tell them you would like to be seated at a "good table" when it opens up, or do they not even pay attention or know when a table is good? I will be playing mainly 4/8 LHE and perhaps some 1/3 NLH (may also play some O8 or mixed if they have any running at 10/20 level or below). Any advice/suggestions appreciated. Thanks.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:46 PM

Default Re: Table Changes

You can request a certain able or just the first one that opens up. If you are playing low limits it's not likely they'll be able to refer you to a "good" table as 1) most 4/8 tables are the same, and 2) the floor isn't going to be paying attention to what the action is like at those tables.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:43 PM

Default Re: Table Changes

The standard procedure is you take the first available seat. If you don't like that table, ask for a table change. Yes, you can specify a table, or just ask for any other table.

I think you're more likely in a smallish room to find a floor willing to tell you what NL1/2 tables are good. Mind you, most days it won't matter a lot and the table by table variations will be short-lived. At small rooms where there may only be 2 or 3 NL1/2 tables going and a floor that pays attention, you might get some advice. Dealers are often a better source of said info than the floor or cashier; you can ask an incoming dealer as he sits if there's anything better out there (realizing what this may do to your table image where you're now sitting).