Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2007, 05:10 PM

Default Re: help save 6 young mens lives please!!!

[ QUOTE ]
again, i can only speak for my area... but im from harlem and i feel its perfectly safe for whites to walk here day or night

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it's a chicago thing.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is such a joke, this is gonna turn into a "loose change" type of deal, where you find out at trial there are a whole lot of facts the video conveniently omitted.

It is a shame the world isn't perfect, and that we can't have a homogeneous standard of equality across all races, genders, ages, etc, but the reality is that this is impossible, and has been since forever. For every redneck judge that sentences a violent black offender to prison, there is a liberal college admissions office letting in select minorities based on the color of their skin, and not the academic qualifications they bring to the table. I'm sure someone will find these observations overtly racist, as it is easy to consider anything that is both controversial and race related to be racist, and it really sucks we can't have a running dialog of intelligent conversation about the subject without someone feeling afraid of how others might construe their comments.

That said, taking one source of information for face value in today's society and basing your opinion on it is pretty irresponsible and quite frankly stupid. I don't doubt that in a tit-for-tat back-and-forth situation like this one, one side is going to somehow not get equal treatment, and that is unfortunate. However, I would like to see the whole story out on the table rather than a video slanted to one side before I make a judgment one way or another.

And if this topic really gets you heated, check out the movie Crash if you haven't seen it. It is a really powerful, interesting look at racial stereotypes.

[/ QUOTE ]

wowowowow. so for every black child who spends the majority of their adult life in jail over a school fight that spawned from blatant racism, one midddle-class white kid w/ baely acceptable grades might not get into the college he wants to attend? and you think this represents some sort of harmonious balance in race-relations? FFS man you can't really be such an idiot can you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lulz read on, you'll get to the part where xylem calls that articulate and valid.

I don't understand how my school was radically different at 40/30/20/10 or whatever, but I think the biggest joke is that CF obviously has some family that lives in an affluent neighborhood of the Twin Cities, and thus he can comment on the socioeconomic and racial composition of the environment I grew up in ldo. CF - you've never been to the rougher neighborhoods in the Twin Cities, I can guarantee that, and in a metro area of somewhere in between 2.5 m and 3 m they're going to exist no matter how many Norwegians you cram in there.

CF, the black kids who whooped your ass, beyond a shadow of a doubt would jump other black kids in the same neighborhood. Sure they did it to you because you were white, but they did it to the next kid because he was poor, or because his sister shot them down, or because his skin was chapped, or because he didn't speak english well. What you're failing to understand is that hateful people are going to find something to hate you for, and whatever they pick is really not the issue at hand.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Yes this is basically the case, and the point CF was making, and something that has nothing to do with the OP. So there we are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, where were we, did we ever discuss this guy's violent criminal history he managed to rack up as a high school student? People want support for people like this now? Where can I send my check?

Someone please tell me what's up with the other 5 in question, obv guy #1 needs to be locked up.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
again, i can only speak for my area... but im from harlem and i feel its perfectly safe for whites to walk here day or night

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it's a chicago thing.

[/ QUOTE ]maybe.. i dont deny hearing stories of whites having problems in black areas and black schools. but ive lived in ghettos virtuallly all my life and ive never seen it
Old 09-02-2007, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
holy [censored] you're stupid. fwiw i am white and went to a 70% black public school, and never felt afraid to be around black people.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is usually not the case when white students go to predominately minority schools, I mean seriously where did you go to school? Atlantic City High School has a high minority population, and that's no picnic, and in my case I played 2 sports so I'm sure I had it relatively easy. In fact, I know I did. I can't tell you how many tomes some lone white kid got jumped, but then I can't remember 5 white kids messing with a black kid.

You can always go one step further and walk through a black neighborhood in AC at night, and see how many problems you can avoid there. And frankly, cities get a lot worse than they do here.

[/ QUOTE ]

the thing is white ppl act like black people dont get [censored] w/ in the ghetto. If someone goes to a bad school where violence is common, or walks through a bad neighborhood and gets mugged or w/e, then it was a racial attack. Problem is there were 5X as many blacks getting mugged in the same area. They arent getting [censored] with b/c they are a white person in a bad neighborhood, they are getting [censored] with b/c they are in a bad neighborhood/shcool.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
holy [censored] you're stupid. fwiw i am white and went to a 70% black public school, and never felt afraid to be around black people.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is usually not the case when white students go to predominately minority schools, I mean seriously where did you go to school? Atlantic City High School has a high minority population, and that's no picnic, and in my case I played 2 sports so I'm sure I had it relatively easy. In fact, I know I did. I can't tell you how many tomes some lone white kid got jumped, but then I can't remember 5 white kids messing with a black kid.

You can always go one step further and walk through a black neighborhood in AC at night, and see how many problems you can avoid there. And frankly, cities get a lot worse than they do here.

[/ QUOTE ]

the thing is white ppl act like black people dont get [censored] w/ in the ghetto. If someone goes to a bad school where violence is common, or walks through a bad neighborhood and gets mugged or w/e, then it was a racial attack. Problem is there were 5X as many blacks getting mugged in the same area. They arent getting [censored] with b/c they are a white person in a bad neighborhood, they are getting [censored] with b/c they are in a bad neighborhood/shcool.

[/ QUOTE ]bingo... say a group of black kids attacks a white kid for no reason... they think its because theyre white...

ive been attacked by gangs of blacks kids for no reason before, and im black..
Old 09-02-2007, 05:48 PM

I bookmarked this thread so I don't forget about it. I have some stuff to add later on when I wake up.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:02 PM

I'm sure there are areas of AC that I wouldn't want to walk through at night. I'll do you one better and say that the reason I wouldn't want to walk through those areas at night is specifically because I'm afraid that a black guy would rob and/or assault me.

But they wouldn't rob me because I'm white, they'd rob me because I have [censored] they want. Being black doesn't make you magically immune to crime in bad neighborhoods.

amazingmets is in Harlem, you think that if he got jumped mid-mugging the mugger would be like "Oh, [censored], dude, I thought you were just a swarthy Greek guy or something. Here, have your wallet back. Lemme call 911 about that stab wound, too."

Crackheads don't have the luxury of racism in target selection.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is such a joke, this is gonna turn into a "loose change" type of deal, where you find out at trial there are a whole lot of facts the video conveniently omitted.

It is a shame the world isn't perfect, and that we can't have a homogeneous standard of equality across all races, genders, ages, etc, but the reality is that this is impossible, and has been since forever. For every redneck judge that sentences a violent black offender to prison, there is a liberal college admissions office letting in select minorities based on the color of their skin, and not the academic qualifications they bring to the table. I'm sure someone will find these observations overtly racist, as it is easy to consider anything that is both controversial and race related to be racist, and it really sucks we can't have a running dialog of intelligent conversation about the subject without someone feeling afraid of how others might construe their comments.

That said, taking one source of information for face value in today's society and basing your opinion on it is pretty irresponsible and quite frankly stupid. I don't doubt that in a tit-for-tat back-and-forth situation like this one, one side is going to somehow not get equal treatment, and that is unfortunate. However, I would like to see the whole story out on the table rather than a video slanted to one side before I make a judgment one way or another.

And if this topic really gets you heated, check out the movie Crash if you haven't seen it. It is a really powerful, interesting look at racial stereotypes.

[/ QUOTE ]

clearly you dont understand what affirmative action is. Since the birth of this country and before minorities have been and are being disenfranchised. We're all playing monopoly and you got to start with 2000 while I only got 500, and everytime you pass go you get 300 while Im getting only 50. Here you are complaining that my hotels are costing me 250, while on a comparable property your hotels are costing you 350.

Just like the video, youre only presenting half the story if that.